User Avatar Image

Win a showdown with only a high card

posted by Andreaa on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Hello, i am on the last bounty of the game, Win a showdown with only a high card, but it's almost impossible to complete, been trying it for 5 hours and no success, any tips ?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's a horribly stupid challenge. I remember playing WoW once and the PVP Battlegrounds had similar achievements, were you had to act like a complete moron and very potentially screw over your team if you want the achie. All-in with an Ace and hope for the best.

Or wait for a moment when it's clear that the opponent has nothing and check away, so not to scare him and make him fold.

• @Profanity said: It's a horribly stupid challenge. I remember playing WoW once and the PVP Battlegrounds had similar achievements, were you had to act like a complete moron and very potentially screw over your team if you want the achie. All-in with an Ace and hope for the best.

Or wait for a moment when it's clear that the opponent has nothing and check away, so not to scare him and make him fold.

I see, wish the devs didn't put such a terrible challenge inside, and i have the feeling they are leaving it,, wonder if they even check Steam discussion forums which are filled with my same problem, think a guy spent like 10 hours, and yet has to get it :(

• I remember the ONE time I won a high card... in Poker Night 1. Can lightning strike again? We shall see...

• Well I had it once or twice in PNATI 2. Almost impossible on Omaha. Try it on Texas Holdem.

• @der_ketzer said: Well I had it once or twice in PNATI 2. Almost impossible on Omaha. Try it on Texas Holdem.

Been trying till now on Holdem, would it be a bad idea to share the save here, and ask for a bit of help, even if just for that challenge ?

• I would wait until all but one opponent is eliminated, and shove all-in before the flop with ace-anything (as well as some other hands like KQ). Sooner or later your opponent is bound to call, and if he has worse cards and neither of you hit a hand, you win.

This is often just plain good poker strategy, by the way.

• @Andreaa said: Been trying till now on Holdem, would it be a bad idea to share the save here, and ask for a bit of help, even if just for that challenge ?

The problem is that the challenges are actually random. I never had this one.:(

• @furrykef said: I would wait until all but one opponent is eliminated, and shove all-in before the flop with ace-anything (as well as some other hands like KQ). Sooner or later your opponent is bound to call, and if he has worse cards and neither of you hit a hand, you win.

This is often just plain good poker strategy, by the way.

Yep, been trying that with 1 other opponent only.

@furrykef said: The problem is that the challenges are actually random. I never had this one.:(

They shouldn't change once it's on a save no ?

In case anyone feel generous and would like to give an hands here the save :x and sorry for beggin, but i can't really get it.

• Normally I would see that I played about 12 hours on a five dollar game and go "Alright, wasn't a bad use of my money I guess." But then I realized... I haven't been having 12 hours of fun. I had like, 5 hours of fun, and 7 hours of throwing tournaments in an attempt to win a showdown with only a high card, and it hasn't been fun, it's been frustrating, and anger-inducing. I don't think I'll ever get that last bounty, I'm about to quit forever.

• @Kimouru said: Normally I would see that I played about 12 hours on a five dollar game and go "Alright, wasn't a bad use of my money I guess." But then I realized... I haven't been having 12 hours of fun. I had like, 5 hours of fun, and 7 hours of throwing tournaments in an attempt to win a showdown with only a high card, and it hasn't been fun, it's been frustrating, and anger-inducing. I don't think I'll ever get that last bounty, I'm about to quit forever.

A friend of mine had the same feeling, kind of sad to see things like this happen :\

Add Comment