User Avatar Image

I actually liked Ben

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 533 users

Yeah I know, shocking isn't it? In fact he's one of my favourite character he's also the most realistic imo. I thought all the stuff he did wasn't great, but at least understandable.

What did you think of Ben? Also don't play that "he killed everyone" card because by now it's plainly obvious he didn't.

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HarjKS said: Yeah I know, shocking isn't it? In fact he's one of my favourite character he's also the most realistic imo. I thought all the stuff he did wasn't great, but at least understandable.

What did you think of Ben? Also don't play that "he killed everyone" card because by now it's plainly obvious he didn't.

No he really did...

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

He's like the magnet of fuck ups and bitchy lines. But all kinds of people have their admirers, so no, it ain't shocking.

But a lot of people, including me, can relate to him. As occasional fuck ups, just like him. Probably not that big, though.

• I've stated it before, I think I would have felt more for him if he had stopped at simply being incompetent.

I could find him sympathetic, and I still tried to save him despite everything, but the moments of selfish cowardice and increasingly asinine choices made him harder and harder to stomach.

• Ben - is the most realistic character, in game. Shy teenager who can't do nothing , a coward, not sure of himself. It is very plausible I like it. His death was disappointed me more of all deaths

• @Profanity said: But a lot of people, including me, can relate to him. As occasional fuck ups, just like him. Probably not that big, though.

That's the point, probably all of us are occasional fuck ups, c'mon let's be honest. BUT, they made him a total fuck up, so much that it wasn't even realistic.

@Profanity said: he's also the most realistic imo.

Okay you said "imo", fine that's your opinion, but I must disagree there.
    He is unrealistically dumb to such an excent, where it is nothing but ridiculous, seriously, if he is so stupid, that he took the axe from the doorhandle, I wonder why the hell he goes to college. C'mon it's the door, through which they entered so it could've only been one of them, his group who put the axe there. Hell he even gave it to Lee in the first place.

• @ZeroShoot said: That's the point, probably all of us are occasional fuck ups, c'mon let's be honest. BUT, they made him a total fuck up, so much that it wasn't even realistic.

Okay you said "imo", fine that's your opinion, but I must disagree there.
    He is unrealistically dumb to such an excent, where it is nothing but ridiculous, seriously, if he is so stupid, that he took the axe from the doorhandle, I wonder why the hell he goes to college. C'mon it's the door, through which they entered so it could've only been one of them, his group who put the axe there. Hell he even gave it to Lee in the first place.

He was trying to help, maybe if someone in the group actually cared for him and trained him to fight he wouldn't be 'f*cking up' nearly as much.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@HarjKS said: He was trying to help, maybe if someone in the group actually cared for him and trained him to fight he wouldn't be 'f*cking up' nearly as much.

So basically he's still a fuck up in need of common sense being bashed into his skull. Now no one else gets special treatment. And when I say special, I mean special in a "I ain't gonna call this boy a retard in public" kinda way.

So sure, he could have been made better by other people, but he was also the only one drastically in need of it, unlike the other characters. Even a little girl caught on quicker to survival and relationships than him. And he's old enough to have learned something by then. Not about fighting zeds, that wasn't even his problem, but about life in general.

• @Profanity said: And he's old enough to have learned something by then. Not about fighting zeds, that wasn't even his problem, but about life in general.

He was a college kid, he never was on his own, most likely never lived on his own, he hasn't learned shit, he's practically still a kid, just older. Only thing he knows is school so far. He is probably that average guy, who's only hanging around with friends and not doing much besides that. He never got to do anything that might've been useful.

But common sense is to be expected at that age, can't argue there.

• I like Ben too. But I think the reason is because I believe I would end up doing just as badly as him if thrown into that situation.

• @crispy01 said: I like Ben too. But I think the reason is because I believe I would end up doing just as badly as him if thrown into that situation.

Exactly the same here. I didn't like Ben's attitude at times, but other than that i didn't have a problem with him.

Add Comment