User Avatar Image

Release date info/discussion

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Hello people:)

I just wanted a thread, to help us keep track of the newest information about, when we can play the first episode og The Wolf amoung us.

I have seached a lot, but I can't find anything about it. So I hope, that you will all post every bit of info you got, in this thread, to help everybody, who does not live on this forum:)

Ps. Rumors are wellcome to:)

142 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Gothique said: Not their style.They usually use go with episodic release scheldule.

Blind Sniper was referring to any future releases planned outside of the ones already announced.

If The Walking Dead does release on PlayStation 4 (or any other system other than PC, Mac, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 3... except possibly iOS if Telltale decides to release it on that platform since they tend to release games episodically for iOS even if the episodes have already been out elsewhere), the full season indeed probably will be released all at once after the season is over for the already announced platforms, as has happened with The Walking Dead and 400 Days on the PlayStation Vita.

• telltale twetted out that they will be confirming release dates very soon wich hopefully means just a couple more weeks before it releases since telltale usualy tell us the release dates very close to when the game actually comes out

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

Wish they would just say it, I hate these marketing games. I know, I know, it helps in the long run, but I still hate them.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Profanity said: Wish they would just say it, I hate these marketing games. I know, I know, it helps in the long run, but I still hate them.

It's not a marketing game in this case. They have to deal with the digital distribution platforms on consoles which means that they have to go through hoops with them. Telltale won't even know when the game's going to come out themselves until they hear back from them.

You'd think that Sony and Microsoft would just let the developers set the dates like Steam and iTunes do, but they're still stuck in the old physical medium mindset. Hopefully that'll change in a console generation or two once they continue to realize that the old mindset is hurting their bottom line.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

In addition to what Jennifer said, you have to keep in mind Telltale works on a quick schedule due to their episodic production. Even if they spread different parts of the team so that not all people work on one episode at once, they still have to work quick and likely don't find out about release dates themselves until a short time before release.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Jennifer said:
    You'd think that Sony and Microsoft would just let the developers set the dates like Steam and iTunes do, but they're still stuck in the old physical medium mindset. Hopefully that'll change in a console generation or two once they continue to realize that the old mindset is hurting their bottom line.

They'll keep doing that as long as the developers keep bending over.

• Does Seadon 2 of WD release before or after TWAU?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Omid said: Sounds good

I'll say! :o

Add Comment