User Avatar Image

If Kenny is alive, what would the best way to reintroduce him in into Season 2

posted by Bioshock Infinite WD on - last edited - Viewed by 708 users

As above, what is the most realistic way to have Kenny back in Season 2.

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He escaped the dark room by managing to find a door, or got out of the alley by managing to get into the sewers.

• Agreed with above. It seems like there are sound problems occasionally in the alley scene at least. On some videos I've seen, Ben's final line is cut short by the gunshot, in others you can clearly hear him finish speaking after the shot. Also sometimes you hear a "bite" sound when Kenny holds back a walker with his arm and sometimes you don't hear anything.

If he WAS bitten, i think an interesting way to bring him back would be for our new group to stumble upon him unconscious after cutting his arm off. We could patch him up and save his life, and offer him a place among our ranks. He could tell us how he got there, what happened after the alley/dark room scenes and hear pieces of his ordeals in Season 1 as the episodes go on. We could see some examples of him trying to adjust to living without his family, and seeing him protecting others more often and caring for them, something he rarely did in Season 1.

• I think bringing Kenny back is one of the better ways to make your choices have some affect in Season 2, by the way I wonder if Telltale knew that a lot of people would believe Kenny is alive, or is it by accident.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: I think bringing Kenny back is one of the better ways to make your choices have some affect in Season 2, by the way I wonder if Telltale knew that a lot of people would believe Kenny is alive, or is it by accident.

I think they knew, and probably wanted it to happen. Just like the shadowy figures at the end of episode 5, they want to make people speculate. If they wanted no doubt that Kenny died, they would have shown us his death directly(like Carley/Doug) or his corpse afterward(Katjaa/Chuck).

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: the most realistic way to have Kenny back in Season 2.

In remembrance.

• As an half-eaten corpse, walking or not.

• Gavin Hammon, Kenny's VA, said that originally the alley scene was different, namely in that it was very clear that Kenny had been killed. They changed it, and made Kenny more somber (which lends more support to the fact that he died), but they also apparently made it more ambiguous as to whether he got out ok or not.

Kenny is probably the best character that can come back in Season 2 to make our choices matter, since he was there with Lee from the beginning almost to the very end. The only NPC to make it farther than Kenny was Clementine herself. Having Kenny come back to tell us of Lee's exploits and choices, and what exactly he thought of the man, would be a good way to bring back everyone's favorite moustachioed redneck and make our choices matter at the same time. Of course, bringing him back would be some pretty cruel punishment, considering everything that happened in Season 1he would now have to live with, and the general "Fuck all of you" attitude that the Walking Dead universe has.

• No "best" way to reintroduce him, imo. I never want to see him again.

• Possibly as an antagonist to the new main character, albeit not a villain. He lost his family, his crew, and chances are he will have snapped long before meeting the new group, becoming more selfish and caring less about how his actions affect others.

• @RichWalk23 said: Possibly as an antagonist to the new main character, albeit not a villain. He lost his family, his crew, and chances are he will have snapped long before meeting the new group, becoming more selfish and caring less about how his actions affect others.

It's the non-spoiler part of the forum, so I mark my whole post as a spoiler, if however you have played the game to the very ending, you have nothing to be afraid of.

That'd contradict the 5th episode for all the people that were on Kenny's good side. It isn't likely, that even if he lost it, he would turn on his friends. Kenny is a man of belief, even in the darkest of days he stood up for Lee, if he did the same. If Kenny snapped, he'd snap back for Clem, his "new family" as he said in EP 5, if you were buddies.

Well I don't quite know how to answer the question in the title and initial post, frankly I'd need more time to think myself, but I can tell what would be a shitty way to re-introduce him in S2. By making him be one of the 2 characters in the after-credits-scene, or even worse make the other one, a person out of the S1 group as well. That'd be a cheap way to do so, I'd rather have it be an epic moment, or not even that, but an unexpected moment. Maybe the group would find his hat somewhere, in an abandoned city part perhaps, then they'd go searching the closer environment to find him, but they wouldn't... only clues that'd suggest his death, although no body would be to find nearby. Then, maybe whole two episodes later, when he is totally forgotten, in midst of some ultra-exiting part of the story, where he is the last thing you think about, he appears. How? Maybe Clem is about to be bitten, but the walker's head pops? Or maybe bandits take her, or are about to execute her, then their heads pop? Something like that, that was just a vague idea of how I could imagine it for instance.

But I'm not even sure if I even want him back in S2. At least I want to have closure and clarity in the case.

Add Comment