70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kinda sucks, but they're kinda right.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

See what happens when the actual gameplay is not regarded the fun of games any more? :p

However, WTF is that dying company doing. Antagonizing fans over what could possibly be considered fan art, but certainly is an act of straight devotion to the company. There's nothing more dangerous Nintendo could do to its reputation. :eek:

• I mainly watch Lps because of the Youtuber not the game...

To be fair I even watch one person watch Minesweepr because he does it in such a special way...

This is pretty stupid trying to steal money from people who are basically offering free advertising...

• Dying company? That's a lulzy exaggeration.

• @DAISHI said: Dying company? That's a lulzy exaggeration.

Out of all the gaming companies, Nintendo is probably one of the most financially secure by far.
    (Only recently have they actually lost any money at all, and even then its was pretty negligible)

This kind of sucks but I can see why Nintendo is focusing on this, considering their slanting themselves increasingly as a social standalone experience.
    (They might have their own YouTube like service for game videos like let's plays at some point)

• On the one hand, I can see how this is a bad PR move, since people will be mad at them for it.

On the other hand, the people that are mad at them are wrong.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@DAISHI said: Dying company? That's a lulzy exaggeration.

I'd say "mark my words", but all right, I won't. :o

• @LuigiHann said: On the one hand, I can see how this is a bad PR move, since people will be mad at them for it.

On the other hand, the people that are mad at them are wrong.

How are they wrong they are trying to take money away from people giving them free advertising...
    Is it wrong to be mad at a company that is trying to grab money from hard working people whilst still wanting people to give them the free advertising but also want to be paid for the right to give the game publicity...

• Yeah, mark his words! After 40 years, when their funds have finally run dry, Nintendo will be dead!

Also, first of all, it's not an active move, it's a passive one. Second, at least Nintendo isn't blocking the videos.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Well, I know of a certain game company with practically unlimited funds which had been dead for almost 20 years before it was finally closed this year. :)

Add Comment