User Avatar Image

Telltale to Release Multiple Seasons Concurrently

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users
72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [optimism]Maybe this will mean there will be a "story" type game AND a "puzzle" style game at the same time and we will all be happy![/optimism]

• So...basically they'll be doing more than just one game at a time?

• @Shadowknight1 said: So...basically they'll be doing more than just one game at a time?

That's what the word "concurrently" means, yes. There's nothing to make more basic about it, "concurrently" is not a hard word.

• I was gonna put it in nicer terms, and also that as mentioned in the Mojo post you linked to, this isn't the first time Telltale has...basically done this. Although that was more of a dovetail kinda thing. This might be full on concurrency, more than one game at a time action. Basically.

• This is probably because of how Walking Dead turned out and that it didn't turn out to be monthly. Now they can do things bimonthly and still have episodes come out each month.

Although that is going to be a bit confusing for people that get both when they are still in episodes. "Yeah uhh Walking Dead that was cool that bigby loses an arm wait a minute that was Fables. Well that fight scene with Fables was cool and then when the walkers invaded for a... wait... which game is Kenny in again?"

• I'm guessing this means that Walking Dead 2 (or 1.5) will be released the same time as The Wolf Among Us.

Telltale's probably not going to release an entirely new project out of the blue with no advance notice. Probably.

• TWD2 is supposed to start in the fall, right? The TWAU season will certainly last into the fall, particularly if it ends up being bimonthly. Maybe they'll just overlap a bit, like TMI and W&G did.

• Haven't they done that before? Wasn't the result horribly buggy games?

Edit: no they actually haven't. But they were close.

• @der_ketzer said: Haven't they done that before? Wasn't the result horribly buggy games?

Edit: no they actually haven't. But they were close.

I was thinking that Back to the Future and Jurassic Park were pretty close together.

• I don't really know if this is the best idea for TTG. With TWD a lot of people joined the forums just to moan and complain about the dates episodes came out where it got as bad as wanting Episode 4 when Episode 3 had only been out around 3 weeks. Then there was the assholes who wanted to spoil episodes for everyone by making fake threads with just spoilers in them. I just feel if TTG did this, there may be more of that bs where people just moan and complain about when Episodes come out.

Add Comment