User Avatar Image

What is your top five favorite game protagonists

posted by Bioshock Infinite WD on - last edited - Viewed by 768 users

What is your five favorite game protagonists. They can be from any genre of games.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tough question
    1. Lee Everett (Obviously TWD)
    2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)
    3. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect Trilogy)
    4. Vittorio Antonio Scaletta (Mafia II)
    5. Can't decide here either one of the following
    Alan Wake, John Marston (RDR), Artjom (Metro 2033), Marked One (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl), Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite), CJ (GTA San Andreas), Max Payne, Gordon Freeman (Half Life Series)... In certain ways all of them...

• That is BLATANT cheating, ZeroShoot.

...I approve. :D

Here's my five, in no particular order (because I too like to cheat):

Gordon Freeman
    Isaac Clarke
    Lara Croft (the recent reboot one, not so much the original)
    Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad (from the first Assassin's Creed)
    Guybrush Threepwood

• 1. Sam (Sam and Max)
    2. Max (Sam and Max)
    3.Jade (Beyond Good and evil)
    4. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
    5.James (Thomas was Alone)

• In no particular order:

Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)
    Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)
    The Nameless One (Planescape Torment)
    Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)
    Daniel (Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

Honorable Mentions: Sam and Max, who lost out just by a... hare. I hate myself for saying that. And Chell, who I kinda wanted to pick, but really, I feel like most of the personality I've given her has more just been wishful thinking on my part.

I realized when writing this that a lot of my favorite games don't really have set in stone protagonists.

• Trying to avoid silent characters.

- JC Denton (Deus Ex 1)
    My favourite game of all time (sharing the throne with Dishonored)

- Rex Power Colt (Blood Dragon)
    I had so much fun with this game.

- Claire (Thomas Was Alone)
    She is a super hero!

- The Nameless Hero (Gothic 1+2)
    Could be replaced with the one in Planescape Torment BUT the one in Gothic 1+2 just has the correct attitude. And I always liked Morte so much more.

- Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)
    From my NES days. Always loved Kirby in that game and still like the idea of eating people to absorb their power.

Runner ups:
    Corvo, Chell, Gordon (the mute ones), Guybrush (he made me want to become a pirate), The Witcher, Wario, Garret (Thief 1+2+3), Mega Man. Oh and of course FemShep. Screw BroShep and especially his default derp face.

• I can't even make a top five favorite games, let alone five favorite characters, and I made this thread. I have to say I liked Lee Everett, Booker DeWitt, John Marston, Commander Shepard, Max Payne, in other words I am just ZeroShoot from another dimension...

• Alcoremortis you are so right that many amazing games have so-so protagonists, I mean looking at your pic reminds me Fallout does not have great protagonists but the rest of the game is great.

• @Darth Marsden said: That is BLATANT cheating, ZeroShoot.

Shit! I'm caught!

@Darth Marsden said: ...I approve. :D

Phew, got lucky this time I guess :D

@Darth Marsden said: I can't even make a top five favorite games, let alone five favorite characters, and I made this thread. I have to say I liked Lee Everett, Booker DeWitt, John Marston, Commander Shepard, Max Payne, in other words I am just ZeroShoot from another dimension...

Is that a reference to a certain game? :D

• Only in this Dimension I did not buy the Walking Dead on April 24 and instead went to a Baptism and now hate Clementine and The Walking Dead in general.:D

Add Comment