User Avatar Image

Sam and Max in europe

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 436 users

Europeans cant subscribe to gametab, what are our options? sorry if its been asked before!

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's been said that Telltale will also distribute the episodes, so we can just buy them just like the Bone episodes. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Except with a (possibly substantial) wait, which is something I'm quite anxious to hear details on as soon as possible.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

It's annoying to wait! I really like what Valve did with Steam! I hate Europe being treated like a second rate consumer by many game companies since its so easy to make it worldwide, I cant grasp why Gametap isnt worldwide!

• It does suck that everyone outside of North America has to wait, especially since one of the benefits of online distribution should be worldwide launch. Gametap probably put up some of the money for Sam & Max which is why they get to premiere it, but it's too bad they aren't international yet.

Also, Junkface brings up a good point that we really don't know when the games will come out on Telltale's site. The October release is only confirmed for Gametap users, and for all we know Telltale won't be able to put them up for awhile. I've subscribed to Gametap, so I'm okay, but I do feel for the people who don't wish to subscribe because there are several valid reasons. They might not live in north america. They might want their money to go straight to the developer rather than the publishing partner. I intend to buy the games individually too so I can have them permanently (instead as long as I'm subscribed to Gametap) and as files on my hard drive (instead of streamed off Gametap's server).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I agree - this is a thing which sucks.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

We are still working this out, but there will not be a long delay between the premiere on Gametap and launch on Telltale. I will let you know as soon as this is nailed down.

but our goal is be as unsucky as possible

Dan

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah that wait is gonna kill me.. Dan will there be a demo for the pilot?

• A demo for a two hour game? You could try it for free on Gametap though by signing up and canceling before your two weeks are over.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I've been waiting since '93, I can wait a few more weeks until the non-gametap release. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Shame! - I'm curious though; if GameTap isn’t available outside North America - Why does there need to be a delay for the other regions? - It's not like it would compete with GameTaps income? (& won’t it encourage Piracy?).

I'm not complaining (too old to worry about getting stuff on it's release date - too slow these days too), just curious.

Add Comment