User Avatar Image

Walking Dead: Game ruining bug (Choices not carrying over, Episode 4 -> Episode 5)

posted by JonathanAllenRay on - last edited - Viewed by 19.9K users

Hello, I've recently been enjoying The Walking Dead game and I just finished the fourth episode. However, there's a major problem. When I complete episode 4, it shows me that Kenny, Omid, and Christina will come with me. Everything is going as planned. It even shows me those three in the final stat screen. When I start episode 5, on the "previously" video, it shows everything correctly except when it shows Kenny choosing to come with you or not, he says "Why the hell you looking over here?" and has a red eye and cut on his face. When the episode starts, he's gone. Only Christina and Omid are with me. I've been on his good side the whole time, didn't fight him on the train, and additionally the game outright said he's coming with me. This is clearly a bug and I seriously need a fix. I'm playing the full version with all five parts bundled as one on Steam. I've verified my cache, but I haven't re-installed. I've also tried rewinding back to the latest point and choosing a few different dialogue choices. Still bugged. I tried rewinding back to the point just before, where you're talking to Vernon. Still bugged. I'm gravely upset about this and I would like to finish the series properly. It wouldn't be right to lose Kenny to a glitch that shouldn't happen. Thanks for helping in advance, and please no spoilers for episode 5.

Here's a picture proving the game said Kenny was coming.

http://imgur.com/BcGsbkg

97 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" or "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• I've got the same problem. Kenny, Ben, Christa and Omid were said they were gonna join up but as I load episode 5, I see that only Ben is going with me. I've attached the support_data_pc.zip for you guys to look at.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@mp3ksc said: I've got the same problem. Kenny, Ben, Christa and Omid were said they were gonna join up but as I load episode 5, I see that only Ben is going with me. I've attached the support_data_pc.zip for you guys to look at.

Please try renaming the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Sam Chan\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it

then move the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead104
    to
    C:\Users\Sam Chan\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

• Hello. I have the same issue. I am playing through Steam on Mac OSX (snow leopard). In my save, all 4 decide to go with Lee, but when I start episode 5, only Kenny is with me and is angry when he discovers the bite (which I had not concealed).

Attached is the necessary file. Thank you, this is an amazing game, I am eager to get back to it.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@lalo_vergel said: Hello. I have the same issue. I am playing through Steam on Mac OSX (snow leopard). In my save, all 4 decide to go with Lee, but when I start episode 5, only Kenny is with me and is angry when he discovers the bite (which I had not concealed).

Attached is the necessary file. Thank you, this is an amazing game, I am eager to get back to it.

please rename the prefs.prop in
    /Users/lalovergel/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/
    to prefs.prop.orig to deactivate it

Then move the prefs.prop from
    /Users/lalovergel/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead104/
    to
    /Users/lalovergel/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/

• I recently completed episode 4 with Christa, Omid and Kenny coming with me, upon starting episode 5 I found that Ben and Kenny were with me. And i can only rewind episode 4 to chapter 2.

I am including the Support Data.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it

then move the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead104
    to
    C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    and check if that fixes it.

Add Comment