86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As a game last of us is objectively better, but as a story it is hard to say. In my honets opinion they are very equal in how good their stories are. However I was more conected to the characters in TWD which in the end is the main hope of story telling a powerfull conection to the characters. So TWD I guess, but prefer last of us's gameplay.

• Storyline -The Last of Us.
    Gameplay -TWD.
    Atmosphere- The Last of Us.
    Main Character - The Last of Us (maybe because I never loved Lee, but anyway, I guess Joel are more better.)
    Second main character - The Last of Us (I love Clem, but I can't deny that I love Ellie MUCH more! She went through more pain than Clem, she never knew another world.)
    The secondary characters - TWD (out of competition)
    Ending - The Last of Us.
    Dialogs - TWD. ( But The Last of Us got a more emotional powerful dialogs than TWD, TWD just got more dialogs)
    Music - The Last of Us. (Amazing! Just listen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr0FAbRR62g, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCcR9gOyzkc)
    Touching - The Last of Us. (This game touched my feelings more than TWD, I didn't played The Last of Us, I watched full walkthrough, nevertheless this story touched me more)

Total: The Last of Us.
    You may calling me a traitor... but I write what I feel, I can't nothing to do with my feelings. My heart told me to make this decision.
    Anyway сompare these games a bit not right.

• The gameplay and visuals were better in TLoU but what matters most to me, is the story. So TWD wins because it carries a bit more weight, imo.

• The ending of TLoU was incredible bad IMO. :/

Storyline - Tie (The ending of The Last of Us brought the game down)
    Gameplay - TWD.
    Atmosphere - The Last of Us.
    Main Character - The Walking Dead
    Second main character - The Walking Dead
    The secondary characters - TWD
    Ending - The Walking Dead
    Dialogs - TWD.
    Music - The Last of Us.
    Touching - The Walking Dead

Total: The Walking Dead

• @Davisx3m said:
    (The ending of The Last of Us brought the game down)

Maybe you don't understand what is the essence of this ending. I don't want a spoiling, then let's just leave this.

• I just beat The Last of Us recently and, eh... Game was fantastic, graphic and gameplay was radical but I didn't like the story. It was kind of lame. It was essentially a big road trip... There's some really awesome characters in their though, loved Marlene, Joel, and Tess. Ellie was alright too. The Walking Dead has way better characters though and the story was much better. Overall I give it to The Walking Dead.

Plot: The Walking Dead (TWD)
    Characters: TWD
    Gameplay: The Last of Us (TLOU)
    Atmosphere: TLOU
    Monsters: TLOU
    Lee vs. Joel: Lee
    Clementine vs. Ellie: Clementine
    Graphics: TLOU
    Emotionally: TWD
    Soundtrack: Tie
    Dialogue: Tie

Overall: TWD

• Ok, I'm back forget what I said in my post a while ago. The Last of Us is a great game, I don't even know why I thought it was boring, it's not its amazing! I like Joel's character, I like Ellie's character, I like the story behind the infection which I'm not going to mention because of spoilers. The graphics are epic, the characters faces are so realistic and show emotions like there real people. The story is great, I love it I don't know how I've turned from someone who found the game boring to a fan of it and I haven't even played it!.... Yet, I'll find a way to get my hands on it. But still I will always love The Walking Dead and it is still the best of the two in my opinion. I might change my mind. I have learnt my lesson never judge a book... I mean game by its cover.

• User Avatar Image
    marioluigi344 BANNED

TLOU was a boring piece of shit Triple A game that used misleading advertising and was obviously inspired by the masterpiece that is TWD.

• @marioluigi344 said: TLOU was a boring piece of shit Triple A game that used misleading advertising and was obviously inspired by the masterpiece that is TWD.

Have you even played it, so you could call it boring? It wouldn't be surprising if you said "no, but..."

As I said in another thread already, it was not inspired by TWD... How long is TWD out? How long was TLoU in development? (Let alone in planning?)
    The only obvious thing here is, that you didn't do any research, nor reconsidered what you were writing before claiming things.

Talking about claims, please go ahead elaborate why the advertising was misleading instead of just saying it was.

There is only one thing in your flawed accusations, that I'm going to agree to, and that is TWD being a masterpiece.

• User Avatar Image
    marioluigi344 BANNED

@ZeroShoot said: Have you even played it, so you could call it boring? It wouldn't be surprising if you said "no, but..."

As I said in another thread already, it was not inspired by TWD... How long is TWD out? How long was TLoU in development? (Let alone in planning?)
    The only obvious thing here is, that you didn't do any research, nor reconsidered what you were writing before claiming things.

Talking about claims, please go ahead elaborate why the advertising was misleading instead of just saying it was.

There is only one thing in your flawed accusations, that I'm going to agree to, and that is TWD being a masterpiece.

I've played it before, yes. My friend told me to get it, (although I wasn't mad about the idea, he said it was amazing, so I did)
    The advertising mislead my by a long shot because it makes the girl look like a young defenseless character that you need to take care of, (similar to TWD) but instead they make her seem *badass* which is stupid and obviously just plays the typical "girls can do anything guys can" model seen in every type of media nowadays, which prevented any development between the two characters, (Ellie and Joel) and prevented the player (me) from caring about either one of them.

Add Comment