User Avatar Image

Choosing Danny?

posted by pdlbean on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

I was really surprised that the vast majority shot Justin's cuff off and escaped with Danny. My first instinct was to shoot Danny, because it was his idea to shoot the cuff off. Your idea, you're the one who gets your foot shot off. Those of you who did choose to escape with Danny, what's your reasoning?

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saved Justin because he seemed like a cool guy and he was voiced by Ben, I just could not see Ben die twice in a single game.

• Yeah I agree with Bioshock. Danny was the one that proposed the idea, and I liked Justin himself.

• That was the only justification I could think of right off the bat. You're grabbing the gun to blow off someone's leg? You volunteered.

I actually liked both characters well enough before it's implied that Danny was probably guilty, so I think it's odd that it influences Vince's final choice.

• I shot Danny as well, and again, because it WAS his idea. Obviously nobody wanted to ahve to do that, but nobody was actually thinking it until Danny brought it up. He basically volunteered.

• Well Justin was the one who said he had a family and kids so that helped him, he may have been just lying so I could have been cheated but I never thought of it in the heat of the moment.

• i wanted to shoot my own foot at first (although that probably wouldn't have worked out) but because it had to be the others and they would be less likely to survive, i instead decided to base it on what type of criminal i would rather be around, because i didn't trust either i decided Justin would be easier to handle if he betrayed me so i shot Danny

• I shooted him because he is a rapist, no matter how good guy he is, between a thieve and a rapist..

• I shot Justin because Danny was less of an a**hole and he proposed the only way were going to escape. Besides, he seemed willing to help another prisoner more, and seemed more upset about his crime. He also said he didn't lie in court, and that he called himself innocent. Also, he was just nicer all-around, so I saved him in my first playthrough. Nothing against Justin, for he seemed like an okay dude, and if I could have I'd of carried him out of there.

• @Mark$man said: I shot Justin because Danny was less of an a**hole and he proposed the only way were going to escape. Besides, he seemed willing to help another prisoner more, and seemed more upset about his crime. He also said he didn't lie in court, and that he called himself innocent. Also, he was just nicer all-around, so I saved him in my first playthrough. Nothing against Justin, for he seemed like an okay dude, and if I could have I'd of carried him out of there.

Remember the policeman in episode 1? What he said is true, some people repeat the same lie to themselves they end up believing it.

• Despite the rape charge (and rape is a heinous crime that absolutely should result in one being locked away for life), Danny simply seemed like the more compassionate character. He wants to intervene when that other prisoner is being strangled, he regrets how his charges have affected his girlfriend, he says he'd be incapable of lying on the stand... he just seems like a more genuine guy. (Besides, he also seems like he's kind of an idiot, which makes him easier to trust)

Justin, on the other hand, feels no remorse about the crime he's committed and doesn't want to interfere when that guy is getting strangled. He appears far more selfish, cold-hearted, and calculating.

Add Comment