User Avatar Image

Why no Geek?

posted by ezzetabi on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

It is since I seen the show that I was wondering why Darla, the geek didn't appear in the adventures... Any reason?
Was it too complex to manage?
Just you did not think about it?

Am I the only one who misses the genius girl?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I personally didn't think the geek was that compelling of a character.

• I'd have to agree with that. She was pretty much just there to contrast the insanity of Herrs Sam ünd Max.

• Darla was made exclusively for the show because of some gender BS. As such, The Geek and all her characteristics are probably exclusive to the show.

Though it would be nice to have a refferance to her and maybe even a revisit to the Abandoned Sub-Basement of Solitude... if only to get a bomb or two... hundred... thousand...

• @Zeek said: Darla was made exclusively for the show because of some gender BS. As such, The Geek and all her characteristics are probably exclusive to the show.

Though it would be nice to have a refferance to her and maybe even a revisit to the Abandoned Sub-Basement of Solitude... if only to get a bomb or two... hundred... thousand...

As if Max doesn't have access to enough bombs as it is...

Anyway, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Fox owned the rights to the Geek. I could easily be wrong though.

• Yeah, but does he have bombs that are shaped as huggable plush versions of himself? :D

• why would they dring back the geek when they could more easily introduce more goofy neighbors of sam and max (maybe even one or two that live in their building)

• deadly weapons of destruction in the shape of a cute little evil bunny.....
    errr Lagomorphs.......clever :D

• @Zeek said: Darla was made exclusively for the show because of some gender BS. As such, The Geek and all her characteristics are probably exclusive to the show.

Actually that's only partially true. The Geek was onle made into a girl because of the gender BS. An extra on the Sam and Max DVDs stated that the Geek was already being developed and had character concepts of The Geek being a boy drawn up prior to Fox saying they needed a female in the show and suggested making Max into a girl.

• @Dedlok said: suggested making Max into a girl.

Oh my GOD.

• I liked the concept art they showed in that extra feature too of Max as a girl. Disturbing, but we do get to see a hint of it in the Glazed McGuffin episode. :D

Add Comment