User Avatar Image

When starting Episode 2 my save history reverts back to where I rewinded in Episode 1

posted by WaterPanda on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Whenever i try to play Chapter 2 it doesn't read my save file from Episode 1. I did that whole prefs.propp stuff and it worked initially where my finished episode 1 data was recovered. But everytime I start Episode 2 it only keeps the save point up to where I initially used the rewind function in Episode 1 at Chapter 5 and everything after that is erased.

Please Help! Thank you

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same. I finished episode 1, and when I started episode 2, it was showing choices I didn't make.

Also, I saved Carley... and episode 2 was showing me Doug. o:

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@WaterPanda said: Whenever i try to play Chapter 2 it doesn't read my save file from Episode 1. I did that whole prefs.propp stuff and it worked initially where my finished episode 1 data was recovered. But everytime I start Episode 2 it only keeps the save point up to where I initially used the rewind function in Episode 1 at Chapter 5 and everything after that is erased.

Please Help! Thank you

Please try renaming the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Kalvin\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.orig to deactivate it

Then move the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to

• Now whenever i play Episode 2 it just erases all of my data and says that I haven't even bought the other episodes as they are now labeled "coming soon"

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@WaterPanda said: Now whenever i play Episode 2 it just erases all of my data and says that I haven't even bought the other episodes as they are now labeled "coming soon"

That doesn't look right.
    The prefs.prop in the savegame folder is too small to be correct for your savegames.

However there is still (or again) one in
    I would try moving it to
    once more, replacing the existing prefs.prop

• Same thing is happening. It's just erasing all my data now when I try to play episode 2

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Does the prefs.prop in
    always come back when you start the game?

• No It's not there right now

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

It is in the support tool data you just posted though.

• Is it in this one? I'm looking at the folder and I don't see a prefs.prop

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@WaterPanda said: Is it in this one? I'm looking at the folder and I don't see a prefs.prop

Yes it is.

prefs.prop in install location:

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

07/17/2013 08:05 AM 19,811 prefs.prop

Add Comment