User Avatar Image

Characters from comics in game?

posted by NEGAN on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Hello, does anyone of you know if Kirkman ever answered similliar question if some characters from comics will appear in the game or some game character in comics book? I think it would be nice to meet someone even just a small role from the comics in the game. What do you think. :)

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I do not think he has ever said that anymore people from the comics will show up, could be wrong but I do not think so.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Not much has been said about season two so far, but I wouldn't rule out comic characters showing up (after all, Glenn did show up in season one).

The one thing that has been said about a possibility of a crossover though, is that Telltale's CEO Dan Connors said there's a possibility that characters from the television show could meet up with characters from the game.

• It could happen, I am not a fan of the idea but I will not rule it out of the world of possible.

• If it were to happen, I'd trust Telltale's abilities to make something out of it. Who knows if they have an epic master play behind everything involving either the comics or the show or maybe neither? My guess is, that whatever they come up with will satisfy us, the fans.

To state my opinion on the question at hand: I don't remember anything concrete on that matter, but then again, I'm not the best informed person here anyways, neither am I pro crossovers with either the show or the comics, because there might be certain issues with such a thing, those issues are self explanatory, such as having a character from the comics, who's currently alive in the comics for instance. They couldn't be killed off, and thus you wouldn't have to worry about them, which takes away a great part of the excitement.

• I'm pretty sure Lily used to be the Lily from the comic, until Kirkman made Road to Woodbury.

• It was, long story short that was bull.

• I hope telltale keeps the game true to the comics, because all the characters look like they do from the comics (Hershel notably) and not the show. I was real disappointed when lily was announced as not being the Woodbury lily. Anyway if anyone from telltale games is reading this, please don't do a crossover with the show. Keep it as it was supposed to be in the comic universe, if you want a character to add do Sgt Abraham Ford and his group, in the comics he stated that he had to leave several groups people behind for the sake of the "mission"

• I wouldnt mind seeing comic characters appear more in the game. I loved having Glenn and even Hershel as curmudgeonly as he was.

• @Jennifer said: Not much has been said about season two so far, but I wouldn't rule out comic characters showing up (after all, Glenn did show up in season one).

The one thing that has been said about a possibility of a crossover though, is that Telltale's CEO Dan Connors said there's a possibility that characters from the television show could meet up with characters from the game.

...Daryl?

• @Vaxij said: ...Daryl?

Daryl has his story in the other shitty game. I didn't play it though, so I dont know how much of his history is explained there.

Add Comment