User Avatar Image

Two mysteries from Episode 4, unsolved?

posted by Cany0udance on - last edited - Viewed by 787 users

Alright so I have been wondering about these unsolved questions we had in Episode 4.

1. Who was the stranger at the gate when Lee was burying Fivel? Sure, most people would think it was Campman, but the silhouette didn't really look like him. If it wasn't Campman, it goes to show that there are other survivors in Savannah. Also, will this person appear in Season 2?

2. Did Campman take Clementine, or did Clementine go to him? Personally, I think Clementine just went outside of the house and waited for him to come. Then they ran as fast as they could, causing Clem to drop her hat and walkie talkie. But then why was there blood on the hat?

What do you guys think?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1. It was Campman. His skin was in the episode 4 files and it does look like him if you change the contrast (I think)
    2. Well, Clem didn't seem exactly happy when talking to Lee through the walkie talkie in episode 5 so Campman probably took her.

• 1: It was Campman
    2: He took her hence the dropped hat

• 1.It was him,we can see his hair and a little from his face.
    2.i don't think Clem wanted him to take her,she will never do that to Lee.I think the man took her.
    And the blood,i think it's from a walker,that probably attack her and the campman saved her.

• 1. It was Campman. The silhouette looks remarkable like him, and he's the only person with a reason to actually be watching Lee through the fence like that (he was stalking them).

2. He had to take her. Clementine would never leave her hat OR her radio, let alone both.

• Isn't the blood from the walker that bit Lee? I'm pretty sure it's that.

• @Piast said: Isn't the blood from the walker that bit Lee? I'm pretty sure it's that.

Yeah there was no blood on the hat until after Lee was bitten

• @Rock114 said: 1. It was Campman. The silhouette looks remarkable like him, and he's the only person with a reason to actually be watching Lee through the fence like that (he was stalking them).

2. He had to take her. Clementine would never leave her hat OR her radio, let alone both.

If he took clem by force in the garden where her hat was found by Lee, wouldn't her screams have alerted Lee and the other people in Lee's group? Personally I thought she left the manor on her own accord to meet the guy who she believed was waiting with her parents at the marsh house and she was apologising to Lee for running off. As for why she would leave her hat and radio, they were items of sentimental value because they were a reminder of her parents when she didn't know where they were or if she would see them again. She believed she was going to meet her parents so the hat and the radio would not have had the importance they did in previous episodes. That is just my theory. Hopefully someone from Telltale can confirm if she was taken by force, against her will or if she went along voluntarily under the belief that her parents where with the stranger on the radio.

• No matter what you choose, Clem is upset with your response about finding her parent's before leaving. I think she reached out to Campman since he was telling her he'd help, but once she was outside with him he forcefully took her hence the dropped hat and radio.

• @loop hole said: As for why she would leave her hat and radio, they were items of sentimental value because they were a reminder of her parents when she didn't know where they were or if she would see them again. She believed she was going to meet her parents so the hat and the radio would not have had the importance they did in previous episodes.

Sentimental items don't really work that way. Especially not for kids. She loves the hat because she got it from her dad as a birthday present and it's a reminder of how much he cared about her. Sure, it's more meaningful now that he's not with her but I'm betting that she was pretty attached to it even before the zombies showed up. Even if she fully believes that she was going to meet him again, it's not like it'd lose its importance to her so much that she would leave it behind absentmindedly.

And the walkie-talkie is essentially a security blanket. She relies on it to calm her down when she's scared or nervous. You saw how distressed she was when Lee kept it from her and that was when she was under the impression that they were going to find her parents soon. It's something she would definitely want to keep around when going off by herself (not at the end though since then it had come to represent the threat of others).

• 1. Of course it was stranger watching Lee. He will not come back because he is dead.

2. - Bzzt.. Clementine, are you there?
    - Yes
    - Where is Lee?
    - Sleeping
    - Don't wake him. Come outside, I'll show you where your parents are.
    - You know where they are?!
    - Yes. I'm waiting near the fence.

Clem was climbing the fence but dropped the hat. Wanted to go back for it but stranger grabbed her. She dropped walkie talkie.
    It was Lee's blood.

I'll give you better mysteries.

1. Episode 1. Clem wants to go pee. Zombie attacks. What happened with her urge? She forgot?

2. Episode 3. Train. Clementine says - "Lee, you should have tell me you killed someone". What? Clemmie, didn't you hear what Carley said in pharmacy office?

3. Episode 3. Train station. Clem opens the door. How did she do that? Jedi powers?

Add Comment