User Avatar Image

Survival!

posted by Pell3t on - last edited - Viewed by 859 users

So I was wondering what you guys would do in a Walking Dead type of universe.

So heres my plan A.

I live in Houston so I'm basically fuc*ed since nobody in this city knows how to drive, however if I was able to make it out of town I would go to this tourist attraction called Kemah which has boats docked all around it. Problem is i'd need somebody that knows how to run the boat. BUt if the plan was perfect I would get me a house boat and live the rest of my days in the water living off fish. But that just means I would probably die of dehydration.

Plan B:

I would find a nice little country town and take by force a house similar to Hershels or the St. Johns. But what I would do is over time I would fortify around the house with bricks. But the problem with that is that would just make them cluster around the house making it dangerous when you gotta get in and out to get supplies.

Plan C:

Similar to plan B but instead of living in the house I would have A big ass tree house, or several tree house that you can get to easily without ever having to touch the ground. Then just hunt for animals and find a lake or pond nearby.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Live on a nearby island where nothing but birds live. And just use the boat to come back to mainland for supplies in a nearby town. Eventually grow crops on the island and build houses(wooden huts) and become self sustainable again. Also to clear out the nearby town I will have amplifiers set up with a sound system far away and turn that on and it will Lure all the dead away,obviously this will only work as long as their is electricity but could find a generator and continue to use this system.

  • My dream place to survive would be a house in a large city, Savannah for this example, have it be really large with a wall all around it with a large metal gate, I put a garden, a guard tower to shoot zombies, a medical area, hopefully a radio to talk to people outside, and a generator for power even if it attracts zombies everywhere, I wonder if there is a place like that in Savannah.

  • @Crixus said: Live on a nearby island where nothing but birds live. And just use the boat to come back to mainland for supplies in a nearby town. Eventually grow crops on the island and build houses(wooden huts) and become self sustainable again. Also to clear out the nearby town I will have amplifiers set up with a sound system far away and turn that on and it will Lure all the dead away,obviously this will only work as long as their is electricity but could find a generator and continue to use this system.



    Are there actually any close by islands you think you could realistically reach near you? (If so badass plan.)

    Also I think the generators themselves would make enough noise to where you wouldn't really need the amplifiers. Pretty cool plan though.

  • I'd stay in my house. I seriously doubt that armies that have prepared for Nuclear/Chemical/Biological wars would fall to a bunch of rotting corpses. Even in the Walking Dead were no-one knows what a zombie is.

  • @Pell3t said: Are there actually any close by islands you think you could realistically reach near you? (If so badass plan.)

    Also I think the generators themselves would make enough noise to where you wouldn't really need the amplifiers. Pretty cool plan though.



    Within a 30 minute drive so fairly close

  • Good plan, my plan works better with scavenging, but requires some luck to find a place like that, and finding the people to even staff the place would hard, but if I could get all of that I could make a really good run of it.

  • @Kaserkin said: I'd stay in my house. I seriously doubt that armies that have prepared for Nuclear/Chemical/Biological wars would fall to a bunch of rotting corpses. Even in the Walking Dead were no-one knows what a zombie is.



    I think the army failed because they weren't aware that you have to destroy the brain. it's the only way it makes sense. But yeah I still doubt the army would fail

  • The most dangerous time is the first few days when no one knows whats happening,if you can survive for a few weeks then its the people with the good plans who survive long term.

  • It takes about two minutes to realise that. Despite what Hollywood says, most of the professional militaries in the world aren't morons. Even if everyone turns when dead, they'll just have safer quarantine measures in zones under their control and have people report ANY potentially fatal incidents.

  • @Crixus said: Within a 30 minute drive so fairly close



    If its an island you can drive to that kind of defeats the whole purpose of it being an island. Plus I can see that becoming a war zone between people which leads to dead people which leads to zombies.

    You could find a way to blow up the bridge but that would take some serious effort.

Add Comment