84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • One problem:
    This isn't the ending of TWD. Instead, it is like ME1. Your choices will (hopefully) eventually matter (unlike ME3). So, how many endings are there to ME1? 4. In this thing, considering you count hoode and no-hoodie clem's different endings, that means there are ALSO 4. (kill lee and walker lee 2 x 2 is obviously 4) Sure, it isn't much, but it still is 4 endings.
    This is meant to just be a little taste of what's to come, I guess.
    When TWD ends; we'll see how it all turns out. If there aren't many endings, then you can complain.
    :)

• No, thanks. I wouldn't have liked that, sorry.

• "While they're away, Vernon asks the group to borrow their boat to save his friends, promising to bring it back..."

laughing.gif

In saying that, there were a couple of ideas/moments I rather liked.

• @Sick Octopus said: "While they're away, Vernon asks the group to borrow their boat to save his friends, promising to bring it back..."

laughing.gif

Yup. Never would happen. If it happened, that would be unrealistic and ruin it. Thus, this wouldn't happen, along with what I said. This isn't the full TWD. This is the beginning.

• @BubbaFightsUnlimited said: Yup. Never would happen. If it happened, that would be unrealistic and ruin it. Thus, this wouldn't happen, along with what I said. This isn't the full TWD. This is the beginning.

I think Vernon magically turning evil just because it's convenient for the writer was unrealistic.

• @Xedria said: I think Vernon magically turning evil just because it's convenient for the writer was unrealistic.

I don't think he magically turned anything.

He wanted to ensure the survival of his group in the face of the approaching herd. That doesn't mean he didn't act like an incredibly selfish and cold-hearted prick. He didn't warn Lee and Co. re the herd, threatened/overpowered anyone guarding their 'lifeline' and stole it. Unforgivable, but I get why he did it.

And with seeing thousands of Walkers in the distance approaching, I think the guy panicked. Vernon wasn't stupid, but taking a bunch of medically frail and/or eldery people he cares about out onto the streets to pinch a boat, take it all the way down to the water and launch it, with walkers closing in and with no real destination, was riskier than staying put in the morgue.

Vernon's one guy I would have loved to have personally dispatched. I couldn't stand him; but he's not evil, or rather, didn't up and turn evil. Not to me.

• Kenny says as much in Episode 5... two minutes before killing himself in a stupid and contrived gesture where he had plenty of time to escape.

I'll definitely agree that was one of the series's weakest moments so far....assuming, of course, Kenny was actually killed.

• Glad they didn't do that god-awful "fixed" ending

• who would have guessed that an "everyone lives" ending would have been what some people wanted, this ending may be more complicated and make you feel better, but i don't think it would have been better, sure maybe some parts of the last episode could have been better but it's more in the details than a whole re-do

• What in the hell are you talking about, this is Walking Dead not Mass Effect 3, and last time I checked it lost to Walking Dead, there is no reason to 'fix' the ending, it's very Walking Deadish, and the idea of the Walking Dead is hopelessness and loss, it was perfect the way it was, if anything you should change the ending of the other Walking Dead game, or maybe the Last Of Us, at this rate you are going to 'fix' Bioshock Infinite's ending.

Add Comment