User Avatar Image

Thinking Ahead

posted by Ooze33 on - last edited - Viewed by 284 users

Since the 5 episodes being released starting in June will comprimise the "season", do you all plan on doing a second season for SBCG4AP or does it depend on the series' sucess?

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think there's no question that it'll be successful--lots of people love Telltale, and LOTS of people love Homestar Runner. Oh, and lots of people love the Wii :)

    -Kato

  • What I want to know is whether they can sell it as a season on Wii Ware- is it possible to buy games that aren't out yet and then get them when they are?
    And if you can, would they download automatically (probably not, as they don't seem to like actually using that active internet connection)?

  • @TrogLlama said: What I want to know is whether they can sell it as a season on Wii Ware- is it possible to buy games that aren't out yet and then get them when they are?
    And if you can, would they download automatically (probably not, as they don't seem to like actually using that active internet connection)?


    Yes, there actually seems to be a subscription feature (and a rental feature). Someone discovered those by looking at the Wii shop sourcecode. We don't know how it'll work, though.

  • There will not be a SBCG4AP season subscription on WiiWare.

    As for a second season - yeah, maybe, but we're focused on the first one right now. :D

  • Hmm $44.95 on WiiWare vs $34.95 on PC, gotta think about what features we're exactly getting with the Wii.

  • I think you may have invented both of those prices. We haven't announced any pricing details yet.

  • @tabacco said: I think you may have invented both of those prices. We haven't announced any pricing details yet.

    Someone at Telltale said the prices would be similar to the prices on existing games in the store. Whatever the price is, I'm eagerly excited for June!

  • But nobody said $44.95... that price has never existed for a product we sell, to my knowedge. (that said, I don't know much) The prices Emily alluded to were to get a ballpark estimate, not, you know, words to live and die and make decisions by :)

  • @Jake said: But nobody said $44.95... that price has never existed for a product we sell, to my knowedge. (that said, I don't know much) The prices Emily alluded to were to get a ballpark estimate, not, you know, words to live and die and make decisions by :)

    That's good to hear, and I hope you guys don't think I'm trying to be cheap or complain about the game. I can't wait to play it in June!

    Just to clarify I got $44.95 by multiplying $8.95 (price of a S&M Episode) by 5.

Add Comment