User Avatar Image

New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

posted by Blind Sniper on - last edited - Viewed by 32.1K users

Recent Updates about the game

Episode 1 releases this Friday. Woo! Additionally, a new Launch trailer is out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgx0vPPDtA&feature=youtu.be

August 20: Additional previews indicate that the series will be five episodes (no big surprise) and that all platforms, even Xbox 360, will have a Season Pass whereas episodes will cost $5 individually. Also, unlike Walking Dead, Shacknews gives the impression Telltale will be returning to monthly instead of bi-monthly-ish episodes.

October 3: Telltale has just put up pre orders up on Steam and their own store, and collector DVDs are back for people who get the season on the Telltale Store. No release date has been announced, but we can't be too far off...

October 4: Episode Titles have been revealed on Steam:

Episode One: Faith
Episode Two: Smoke and Mirrors
Episode Three: A Crooked Mile
Episode Four: In Sheep's Clothing
Episode Five: Cry Wolf

October 7th: IGN has a short clip of an early fight scene from episode One on IGN Up at Noon. Footage starts at 13:57
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/07/creating-the-walking-dead-season-2-releasing-the-wolf-among-us-telltale-on-up-at-noon
Additionally, they also tease TWAU as "coming soon" and that Walking Dead Season 2 will premiere during the course of TWAU Season 1. (In other news, someone found that the Xbox.com page for Episode One has a release date of the 11th; aka this Friday).

(Original Post from August and earlier edits/additions are below)
For those who do not follow Telltale's twitter, some sites have released previews for the first hour of Wolf Among Us Episode 1. Several of the previews indicate the game's release was delayed from Summer to Fall ("Late September/Early October according to Destructoid).

Most of the previews consist of story spoilers, but I included some interesting non-spoilery excerpts below.

http://www.destructoid.com/telltale-s-the-wolf-among-us-will-please-fables-fans-260328.phtml
"Investigation isn't part of the gameplay, but it is part of the plot. You're aren't always really in situations to look for clues or details, but you can look around for more story points if you want. This design plays into Bigby's conflicted nature. He could be a proper detective, one that goes by the books. Or go more with his wild side as the Big Bad Wolf to sniff out crime scenes and use his gut instinct. You'll find different things depending on how you investigate the situation.

On the technical side, you can now hold down the right trigger to move your character a little faster. Also, the Telltale engine has been improved to resolve issues players had with The Walking Dead such as save-state problems, frame-rate hiccups, and the like. The technology for Telltale games kind of gets locked into place with the first episode to a series, as the subsequent episodes are treated as downloadable content. So a lot of the issues have been ironed out, Telltale told me."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/the-wolf-among-us-preview
"Bigby is an interesting character, in that he's much angrier and more physical than any of Telltale's previous heroes. Throughout TWD, I chose to have Lee act with the sole goal of keeping Clementine safe and sculpting her into a strong, independent woman. But with Bigby, that's all out the window. I have to keep order in a town full of vulgar frogs, alcoholic pigs, and smug mirrors with an affinity for end-rhyme. This time around, I'm willing to do whatever's necessary in order to right a wrong, even if that means throwing a flanneled woodsman out a window.

After playing about an hour of the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, I walked away with the utmost confidence in Telltale's next adventure. Any fears that this game would have to cower in the shadow of The Walking Dead were immediately put to rest, as it became clear that this story stands tall with its own unique voice and style. I seriously can't wait to see just how unhappy of a man I can make Bigby when The Wolf Among Us launches early this fall."

Joystiq has a preview up as well with new video footage.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/20/suspending-disbelief-in-the-wolf-among-us/
"And to tell the truth, that's a good way to describe the majority of my experience with The Wolf Among Us: moments of strong emotion preceded by moments of absolute surprising surrealism. It's a bit much to take in, this world of fairy tale creatures, magic and morality, but Telltale manages to instill an emotional weight that makes it easier to look past some of the out-there stuff – like a pig smoking a cigarette, only pausing to greedily lap up hooch from a highball glass.
Here I was, watching a story unfold about mythical creatures hiding out in New York City and it's all so ridiculous and yet I didn't even question it – not once. The emotional impact and intensity of the storytelling drew me in immediately and I was hooked. Telltale Games has risen to provide a level of character development and narrative other studios would do well to dissect.

The Wolf Among Us is slated to launch either in late September or early October for Xbox 360, PS3, Mac and PC. Five episodes will be available in total, priced at $5 each. Season pass options will present themselves on all platforms closer to launch."

Other Previews

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_wolf_among_us/b/xbox360/archive/2013/08/20/the-wolf-among-us-hands-on-preview.aspx

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80745/the-wolf-among-us-season-begins-early-october-spans-five

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/20/4638234/the-wolf-among-us-explores-role-playing-and-class-structures

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/20/4639948/first-look-at-wolf-among-us-telltale-follow-up-to-the-walking-dead

374 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

I greatly appreciate you informing us this tell tale. If the release date was so far off. Why did they even suggest it might be out late this month or early next month. What we're waiting on now, is not the actual release of the game. But the release date. So when we know release date. Would it be fair to say, it would at least a week after that.

• A week from now would still be early october and I think it's just about distribution now.It should efinitly come next week or the week after. My bet is next. :P

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

I suppose its my own fault. After playing the walking dead, becoming somewhat drawn to these games. (In a healthy way) I been overly focused on playing the next one. You can imagine my excitement and patience. It's only because I love these games so very much. No matter if its the walking dead or the wolf among us.

As long as its an interactive gaming experience where you can decide choices on what to do in the game. I LOVE those type of games. Dragon Age, Witcher 2. I don't mean to become frustrated. I just really, really want to play the game. A feeling I'm sure my friends on the forum share.

• Why do people give this post a thumbs down? Makes no sence :S KUTGW TTG!

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

It looks like the official release date is here reading a post from a mod. It's sometime early October. Since we're in the 2nd day of October and projected release date was late last month, early this month. It's good to know its confirmed..sometime..soon. I don't mean to become frustrated. Yet I wonder, if it was pushed back this late. Why make an assumption, it could be released late last month.

I'm going estimate it's not going to be this week but by next week it will be release. Otherwise, it would be near middle of month and no longer early...

• Telltale loves to tease, and with that being said I'm no longer anticipating this game. i probably won't even buy it right away like I planned. I'll just watch the game play on you tube. sadly I'll just play Lego marvel and batman with my son when those games release. I really wanted something for my own entertainment. :(

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It's an episodic game with four, possibly even five of the most brutal cliffhangers they could ever devise...

... yes of COURSE Telltale loves to tease! ;)

That has nothing to do with the release date or announcement thereof though. They'd love you to know ASAP. Alas, it's impossible. It seems that at the time, it's in Sony's and Microsoft's hands again when episode 1 will see the light of day.

But dammit, at least the PC/Mac pre orders could really go live now.

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

Whoa, Whoa.

Are you being totally serious right now. You're telling me. That right at this moment. I could be playing the game. But I have to wait for Sony and Microsoft to code it. As someone who's been checking this site, daily for news about this. I just have to ask why does Tell Tale want to punish PC users.

Why can't it go live right now on the PC. Then when the other company's get around to it. Go live on their systems. Why must it be released on all the same systems at the exact same time. I half wished you wouldn't have told me that. Now I'm glad I know. it's good to know the PC users are getting slammed over the head with a shovel.

For the sake of profits. I think most would agree, we have been patient. Loyal, active on the forums. The fact we have to drag our heels in the sand because two other company's cannot get their stuff straight. Is so discouraging. I cannot even find words in the English language to describe it.

I suppose Tell Tale company IS changing for sake of profits. Would you be kind enough to know when xbox and sony get their act with each other. I would really really, love to play the game right now. Have been since the projected release date. I suppose this war on PC gamers was bond to happen.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Why can't it go live right now on the PC.

...groundhog day. ;)

No, you could not play the game right now. Because the PC version is probably not yet finished, as it naturally has to be finished last before a release. They concentrate on finishing the console versions, pack up the final build, deliver it to S&MS for certification and in the ca. two weeks this takes, they do the PC version so it's ready for release day.

The consoles and the simultaneous releases are not holding the PC version up. You'll get an episode every 4 to 6 weeks as soon as the game goes live, exactly like in the olden golden days. The only thing that has changed is that they were able to give release dates one or two weeks in advance when it was only the PC, and now it's mere days before release that they can announce a fixed date.

That's it, fusedmass, there's really not much more difference and no particularly new moneygrabbing scheme. And, we're close, we're REALLY close.

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

I sense you edited your post, and your tone. In the event that you might do such a thing. I did the added benefit of taking a screen shot of what you said before it was..modified. In your original statement. You claim that it was READY for PC, right now. Then you reserve and say its likely not finished on the PC. I am sincerely confused.

Which is it?

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6738/5xf9.png

It looks like it was edited back. Perhaps I'm being a tad paranoid. If you look at your comment. It does say edited in the post you wrote before mine.

Add Comment