User Avatar Image

Depression?

posted by FreddeN93 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Uhm. Is it only me or have anyone else gone into a deep depression for a short amount of time after playing The Walking Dead? For me, it was worse than watching a sad movie, or attending a funeral. After completing the final episode I just sat there, looking at my desktop for hours. Too much emotions for me to take in at the same time I guess. No other game have had this much effect on me before. The disturbing thing for me that brings up thise emotions is not Lee's death. His fate had been clear for me for a long time. But leaving Clementine out there in this twisted world with no-one looking after her. That just ripped my heart in two. The only thing that keeps my hope up is Season Two. It's not over, "Clementine's fate is not yet decided!"

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know this feeling man. In my opinion, this story is much more sad that Fahrenheit, Heavy rain, Max Payne and Spec ops: The line taken together. TWD made me burst of emotion, but I was not depressed... I mean I was depressed, but not so long, because I knew that Clementine is still alive, it's a little comforting.

P.S. There are only one game what gave me a REAL depression - The Last of Us.

• @zev_zev said: I know this feeling man. In my opinion, this story is much more sad that Fahrenheit, Heavy rain, Max Payne and Spec ops: The line taken together. TWD made me burst of emotion, but I was not depressed... I mean I was depressed, but not so long, because I knew that Clementine is still alive, it's a little comforting.

P.S. There are only one game what gave me a REAL depression - The Last of Us.

Agreed. However, I've not played The Last of Us, but been following a let's play on YouTube. Those series made me buy The Walking Dead.

• Yeah I know the feeling dude. A line Lee said in episode 2 came to mind in the closing credits when talking to Carley after the ST Johns Lee said something like "The way this world is now Carley, I can't leave her alone not even for a second". Made me sad knowing that Clem is now alone and there's nothing Lee can do about it.

• Yea man I know, not even the last of us made me cry as much as this game... Of course though, when you talk about how it's not as sad as heavy rain a portion of that has to go to the voice actors who don't always give a good performance... But this games voice actors? MY GOD, OSCARS EVERYWHERE

• Plus Heavy Rain was a terribly convuloted story with alot of Glaring Potholes written by the arrogant David Cage who thinks he is the Spielberg of gaming and that to make an emotional character they have to have high def graphics

• I know that feel, after Walking Dead I was pretty damn sure no other game could do that, well lets just I was wrong.

• @FreddeN93 said: Uhm. Is it only me or have anyone else gone into a deep depression for a short amount of time after playing The Walking Dead? For me, it was worse than watching a sad movie, or attending a funeral. After completing the final episode I just sat there, looking at my desktop for hours. Too much emotions for me to take in at the same time I guess. No other game have had this much effect on me before. The disturbing thing for me that brings up thise emotions is not Lee's death. His fate had been clear for me for a long time. But leaving Clementine out there in this twisted world with no-one looking after her. That just ripped my heart in two. The only thing that keeps my hope up is Season Two. It's not over, "Clementine's fate is not yet decided!"

i_hug_that_feel.png?1318992465

• @Crixus said: Plus Heavy Rain was a terribly convuloted story with alot of Glaring Potholes written by the arrogant David Cage who thinks he is the Spielberg of gaming and that to make an emotional character they have to have high def graphics

I thought it was ok, but what I didnt get was that they NEVER explain how Jason died when you clearly see Ethan jump in front of the damn car

• @Flame Reader said: I thought it was ok, but what I didnt get was that they NEVER explain how Jason died when you clearly see Ethan jump in front of the damn car

Yeah didn't make much sense. The way I see Heavy Rain is like watching an action movie, you need to switch your brain off and relax and enjoy it for a bit of entertainment, if you start questioning it on an intellectual level and start disecting the story it will completely fall apart. Also someone should tell Cage this..........
    tumblr_miksmwibTt1riat7io1_500.jpg

• I read somewhere that he was suppose to get hit and die, but they changed it to Ethan trying to save him, they just did not change the result from the first take, so it really looks strange as hell, not the only problem though.

Add Comment