User Avatar Image

Freelance Police's sudden death

posted by Udvarnoky on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

This goes out to the Telltale folks who were former members of the Sam & Max: Freelance Police team. Yeah, yeah, we've all mourned and murdered over the cancellation of that game, but I've still got some questions concerning the cancellation that maybe you could answer. After all, the press release LucasArts offered wasn't particularly explanatory or in-depth, and I'd just like to hear your take on it. Basically what I want to know is: was the game's cancellation as abrupt and shocking to the guys within LucasArts as it was to the fans? Or was there reason to believe that the project was in a bit of trouble before the decision was made? I think there's more than enough evidence to show that few people were expecting the game to get axed like that, but were there, like, any hints of doom?

Thanks in advance for putting up with the curiosity; I still need closure.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i would also like some answers, but I'm not sure if they would answer them. they might be under some sort of contract ware they cant talk about the game or reveal any aspect of the game until the license is up in may. if not then please give people some closure.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

The only closure I need is when I install the game after I buy it. Oh yea, and playing it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i almost cryed when they cannceled it :((
    those bastards.... X-(

but when tell tale games started,is saw there is hope for the best and oldest gaming genre

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I still can't believe that they cancelled it. I can never enjoy Starwars again (although it won't stop me from seeing episode 3 when it comes out, though if it's like the first two I won't enjoy it anyway).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I was in public when I saw that the idiots cancelled Sam & Max... I had to run out really quickly and cry in private because really... why would anyone do such a thing?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I was in public when I saw that the idiots cancelled Sam & Max... I had to run out really quickly and cry in private because really... why would anyone do such a thing?[/quote]

The same reason why someone gets a job,
    why that person may place a big bet on a horse,
    why this person will live and breath in search of materialistic possessions....

MONEY
    AND LOTS OF IT

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I completely agree. Lucasarts was afraid to do something original because they were afraid they wouldn't make much money. So instead, they decided to stick with the Starwars crap. This can only go on for so long though. I predict that in a few years they will either change what they do or go bankrupt. They can only do Starwars for so long before eveyone one is completely sick of it.

• [quote]Lucasarts was afraid to do something original because they were afraid they wouldn't make much money. So instead, they decided to stick with the Starwars crap. [/quote]

Agreed, but the thing is it they couldn't have been afraid do it when they started developing the game several years ago. They worked long and hard on the game, and then it gets cancelled. Was it because the company was being run by some "acting" executives at the time? I'd really like to hear from some team members if they're able to tell us if the cancellation was really as shocking as it seemed.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

yes i was very disapointed myself :< but now there is hope!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

and if cancelling the game wasnt enough..they kept telling us to e-mail the pr@lucasarts email.. and then they never even responded to us! it was just a further kick in the balls to the fans and those that made lucasarts what it was.. well thank god the guys who started telltale took notice..

Add Comment