Menu
User Avatar Image

where is my 'the wolf among us' steam key?

posted by Jack-O-Bear on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

puzzlebox:

Hi guys! Thank you SO MUCH for your patience. We've got the PC build live on the Telltale Games website now - if you ordered it from us (or from an outlet that gave you a redeem code for the Telltale Games website), you should be able to download it now from the My Games section on your profile page.

I know you guys have been waiting especially for this, so as a special thank you to everyone who pre-ordered here, we've sent you an extra Steam code via email as a bonus.

So excited for folks to play the first episode! :)

49 Comments
  • Same here. Ordered from Amazon thinking it would give me a steam key like it did last time, gave me a key for here instead. Would really like a steam key...It says, "if you ordered it from us (or from an outlet that gave you a redeem code for the Telltale Games website)" So I think I would've gotten one?

• They probably just have a large number of emails to process. It looks like it was a crazy day yesterday and the fact that they are willing to give out the additional Steam keys is very cool on their part IMO.

• so as a special thank you to everyone who pre-ordered here, we've sent you an extra Steam code via email as a bonus.

the steam keys are for people who pre-ordered here so basically if you bought it on steam or pre-ordered on this website you will have the steam version, if you bought it anywhere else that did not specifically say it was a steam key you only get the version you can download from this website

• Not sure which one it is.

In this thread a mod said: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/50985/release-day-discussion-october-11th-2013/p11

"You should be able to get it as long as you redeemed the code prior to the Steam code offer, since the e-mails are sent out based on whether you have the game in your Telltale games account.

Note that it might take a while to get the code. When Telltale did the Walking Dead's pre-order steam code offer, the e-mails were sent out manually from the pre-order database, in chunks throughout the release night."

Though mods are volunteer's unless they have the "staff" label so perhaps it was wrong.

I haven't received one yet either (and I had my key registered prior to it being released).

• As I said in another thread:

There's no automated system for the Steam keys - they have to be sent out manually, and Telltale's a TAD busy at the moment. So if you feel you're due one and haven't got it yet - hang in there. It'll probably be with you within a day or so.

Also, be sure to check your Spam box. Some people have said their e-mails have gotten caught in it.

• Are all of us who haven't got a key yet so far only the ones who didn't order via TellTale? (bought mine via gmg, had it registered before the game went live and still waiting).

Is there anyone who did order via Telltale and is still waiting?

• Yeah, I still didn't get my steam key either.

Are there still batches of emails being sent out...? Or..?

• I guess either we really don't get one or they took off this weekend before finishing and will send out more monday?

Cause I never did get one either.

• Same over here, but from the official sticky, I remember having read that everyone who would have made a preorder before the giveaway's announcement would have a steam key. When we entered the key on our TTG account, it was registered as a preorder, so we should have a key. If not, i'd like to know why. Hang on tight guys, we might get it somewhere this month...

• let's pray to receive a key for steam this month :D

The walking dead was for steam when i bought it at GMG, and steam is the best platform for pc games imho, i don't need to worry about patches nor updates.

Add Comment