User Avatar Image

Wire transfer payment time limit?

posted by BiggerJ on - last edited - Viewed by 562 users

I'm planning on buying the Season 2 upgrade via wire transfer (thanks for the free 201, by the way!), but it's only convenient for me to do the wire transfer on a specific day of the week. I read in another thread that after a certain amount of time passes without the wire transfer being received, the transaction is cancelled. How much time will I have to do the wire transfer after I place the order on your site?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it sits open for like a month before anything happens to it. You should be fine.

Be aware,though, that it takes several days for the wire transfer to clear after you finish your part of it. So you won't have immediate access to your games.

• I've just completed the process on your site and gotten confirmation and the information I need for the transfer, but the site still tells me there's one item in my cart, the one I just ordered. Is this normal?

• Yes, that's normal, because our site has not received notification back from the ecommerce site that the transaction is done yet. Once the transfer goes thru and we get that notification, the item will go away.

• Okay, I've done the wire transfer, so hopefully it'll go through without problems. However, it told me to send the money to another branch of the bank I used to do the transfer (Commonwealth Bank, in Australia). The teller told me that because of this, the transfer should go through on the same day or so. Is this true or should I still expect to wait the usual 4-5 days?

• The transfer may go through in a day, but it takes a few days for the Global Collect system to send the money to our ecommerce guys and for the transfer to get associated with your order.

You'll get an email confirmation when the order settles.

• I never got an email when I completed the process on the site and got the transfer info. Is that normal?

Thanks for all your replies so far, by the way.

• You won't get an order confirmation until the payment is processed by GlobalCollect.

• The item is gone from my cart (I didn't remove it), but I still haven't received the game or any confirmation email. Is that normal? Sorry if all these questions are any trouble. I'm not impatient, it's just that I've never done this before so I don't know what to expect.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, it's back in the cart again. Odd.

Also, there's a bug I think you should know about. Whenever I'm in the forums, it always says my cart is empty, even when it isn't. I already knew about this when the cart item temporarily disappeared as described before the edit - it said the cart was empty no matter what page I was on, forum or otherwise.

Edit2: It disappeared and came back again. This is odd.

• Don't worry about whether the item is in the cart or not. That has no effect on your payment. (Also we know about issue where the forums say your cart is empty even though it's not - it's a bug, we just haven't had a chance to fix it.)

• I've gotten the confirmation email and the games, thanks for all the help!

Add Comment