User Avatar Image

How do you think Kenny's fate will be explored

posted by Michael7123 on - Viewed by 2.5K users

First of all, I personally think Kenny is dead. As much as I loved his character (even if I didn't always agree with him), I personally think he's gone. If he is dead, telltale will most likely have a walker Kenny somewhere in season two, maybe as part of a herd that left Savannah.

But what if, by some chance, he lived? How do you think telltale would bring him back?

Here is one possibility I thought off. I'm guessing a lot of the game will be determining who you trust. Imagine having a character in your group that has helped you out and seems trustworthy. That character gets attacked by a walker and you pull out a gun, ready to shoot it. Then, Kenny appears from behind a building, and gets tackled by a walker. Then you have to choose between someone you had a connection to in season 1, who we know wouldn't hurt Clementine (unless he's gone completely insane), or a character that has helped us out recently.

I doubt telltale would do that, but it would be interesting to see who players would choose.

42 Comments
  • After all this debate, I've gotta admit it'll be a hell of a letdown if Kenny just shows up as a walker. However, considering his final scene in S1 was so potent, Kenny would need a VERY well thought-out role in S2 to justify his return.

I can see Kenny possibly being a member of Tavia's community, trying to build a romance with Bonnie in the void left behind by Duck and Katjaa. When the leader of the community is killed, Kenny could attempt to take control, with disastrous results.

Alternatively, Kenny could be the leader of another survivor group, or shacked away in the woods on his own like a hermit. But his experiences from S1 have left him half-crazed (he'll have taken his "keep going no matter what" philosophy to a fanatical extreme), making the player unsure about what he'll do next. This is where a saved import from S1 can really come into play. The level of Kenny's insanity could depend on his relationship with Lee from S1.

With all that said, I'd personally save Kenny's return for a cliffhanger moment at the end of an episode. But that's just me. ;)

• Good points. A complex and polarizing character like Kenny definitely deserves a worthwhile comeback. Although I can't help but laugh at how damn anticlimactic it'd be if he just showed up as a walker, especially after all this talk of "exploring his fate" so to speak.

• I have this terrible fear that they will have him show up alive to save the day, only to suddenly die moments later.

• There are several ongoing threads about Kenny's fate, you didn't think that your opening post would fit to any of those threads? I'm not trying to be an ass, but I think it would be nicer to keep the discussion in one place, it would certainly make it easier to follow.

Here are two recent and active threads: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/50569/kenny-alive-or-not http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51579/do-you-think-kenny-is-alive

• I believe he will show up at a crucial moment to save everyone, like chuck norris in expendables 2. As TheDuck says though, i hope they wont kill him off 2 seconds later.

• My relationship with Kenny was awfull, but I'm still expecting a return.I guess he can return in the manny ways everyone has presented. My favourite would be him showing up as an hermit somehwere in a cabin, living alone and insane, or him showing up alone or with someone else, to save the day ;) I think having him show up a a walker would be kind off anti-climax, it would be kind of a huge middle finger from TTG to the players :P

• I'm sorry but I don't see why Kenny's death has to be explored, sure he might be alive but theirs nothing suggesting hes alive so hold your jets there Rambo.

• People are just commenting that because TT has announced that Kenny's faith will be explored

• Oh... Oh deer. I hope they're not bringing him back purely because of fans wanting him back. I don't mind his reappearance but if this was not the original plan I feel the second season to be somewhat cheapened.

• Actually I've read in the forum that Kenny's dead was supposed to be less ambiguous, I mean you were supposed to be sure that he was dead, but the writers changed it so it's ambigous like in the game. So I'm guessing that hadn't devided yet what to do with the charatcher, since they are the ones that confess they don't plan everything so they can change the game where the history will make more sense and be more appealing to the players. So I'm really guessing he's alive, because of the changing of the scene thing and because I'm not thinking they would make such a big deal about is faith if he was just going to appear as a walker. But hey it's TT, I never know what they are up too, I never expected (SPOILERS SPOILERS) Lilly to kill Carley or the stranger to be the guy owning the car we took food from.

• I hope they're not bringing him back purely because of fans wanting him back.

If I've found out anything hanging around this forum, it's that there are just as many (if not more) fans who want Kenny to be dead. I still think the idea that Kenny's return would undermine the game's credibility is just silly. It all depends on how TTG brings him back...assuming they do bring him back.

Whatever happens, it's clear that if Kenny were to resurface, it would be an even more polarizing decision among fans than casting Clementine as the PC.

• I for one don't think he's dead. I think we'll meet him in S2 or S3 (if there will be an S3)

• Guys this is crucial look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DO0l_hwoQ8

at point 0:38 you see a entity but it is not facing you. in the trailer EVERYONES clothes are new and changed.Except if that person had a hat like clem OR KENNY it appears that this fighure has the same hat as kenny and the back of his head looks simmalar and also if you look at 0:59 it looks like ben who may have died. (this is a theory) maybe kenny took ben of the stick and used the bullet to get them out and the went wandering. these maybe the two figures you see after the credits in episode 5 (AGAIN THEORY) perhaps ben died and kenny ran from him to meet up with clem after all they could see each other. they later meet up with omid and christia who found a group.

Add Comment