User Avatar Image

Max's morals

posted by Orange+ on - last edited - Viewed by 497 users

Hello, I just finished playing Sam and Max:Season 1 for the first time and loved it. So I wanted to research the series. I knew there was some comic books, but I was surprised to find out there was a kid's cartoon. My question is, was Max as violent/rude in the show as he was in the games? I also noticed that Sam and Max Hit the road had a "Parental Advisory" sticker on it. Most likely due to the type of humor/violence there was in season 1, so I'm surprised there was even a kids cartoon. Was anything "dumbed" down in regards of the characters?

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I watched a couple episodes on GameTap, and while Max was still violent, it was about 1/4 of the usual Max violence.

• though personally i feel S1 max didn't live up comic book max, or even HtR max.

;)

• Max was more spaztic in the cartoon, in my opinion, which made up for the fact he didn't have many violent moments.

• Max was incredibly spaztic in that one episode with the swamp monster after his brain was removed. I loved it when he sang "The Lollipop Guild" song while he was brainless *laughs*.

• Well I think telltale did the right thing by sacrificing violence for comedy.

• @Orange+ said: Hello, I just finished playing Sam and Max:Season 1 for the first time and loved it. So I wanted to research the series. I knew there was some comic books, but I was surprised to find out there was a kid's cartoon. My question is, was Max as violent/rude in the show as he was in the games? I also noticed that Sam and Max Hit the road had a "Parental Advisory" sticker on it. Most likely due to the type of humor/violence there was in season 1, so I'm surprised there was even a kids cartoon. Was anything "dumbed" down in regards of the characters?

A lot of the humor was dumbed down, yeah. Less cursing, can't really use big guns (although they had bazookas once; I'm guessing they assumed small children wouldn't have access to them).
    As a side note, I'm pretty sure the HtR parental advisory sticker was a joke.

• @TrogLlama said: As a side note, I'm pretty sure the HtR parental advisory sticker was a joke.

Trust me, that parental advisory sticker was NOT a joke! There was quite a lot of potentially offensive humor in that game (which is part of what made it so great). Here is an example:

-Max (in response to the mentioning of the Koran): "Didn't he fight Godzilla?"

• @Zeek said: Max was more spaztic in the cartoon, in my opinion, which made up for the fact he didn't have many violent moments.

I saw a clip where sam says something about our culture and Lagomorphic Mind Melds, and then he grabbed max and had him eye level with the alien sam was talking to, and the look on max's face was pretty funny.Some of the stuff during the "Mind Meld" that flew by was funny, too.

• @NatsFan said: Trust me, that parental advisory sticker was NOT a joke! There was quite a lot of potentially offensive humor in that game (which is part of what made it so great). Here is an example:

-Max (in response to the mentioning of the Koran): "Didn't he fight Godzilla?"

Are you talking about Qran?(Sorry if I spelled Qran wrong if you are offended)

• He means the religous text.

Add Comment