User Avatar Image

What's better The Walking Dead Game or The show?

posted by Kenny- on - Viewed by 921 users

What's better?

23 Comments
  • This is the third or fourth time Ive seen this question come up. Im not sure why people keep putting them in competition. You might as well ask if the game is better than the comic. Theyre completely different things and like some others have pointed out, it depends on your preference. I like the way Dead in the Head put it. The show is better at being a show and the game is better at being a game.

• It's absurd to say you can't compare the two. Yes, you can; just play one, watch the other and decide which you prefer. And you can compare both against the comic just as easily. They're all stories being told in their own way, and while you can't compare the gameplay aspect obviously, you can certainly compare story and characters between any of the three.

The TV show is weaker than the game in terms of plot and characterization. There isn't a character in the show who makes me care whether they live or die in the same way I cared about whether Lee or Clementine would live or die.

The show has also suffered from a great variety of plot holes and incredibly dense decisions on the part of the writers. I actually wonder how much of that is their fault and how much is the fault of AMC's mismanagement of the show, not that they're suffering for it ratings-wise.

Regardless, after forcing myself to watch up to the end of the third season, I have no intention of watching Season 4 after the hilariously awful way they ended the last season finale.

• I still maintain that they are much too different in terms of format to compare fairly. As you say, its all personal preference. Everything you just said about the show I disagree with. I care about every character on the show and I think its doing a great job of presenting an interesting view of that world. This season in particular has had some great twists. That said, I also love the game series and to a slightly less degree the comics. To me, they are different ways to experience the same universe.

• Asking this question here is hardly a good sample... :)

The show has a larger scale etc but the game stays true more to the point of the walking dead. Some parts of the show are fantastic and are better than the game however the game is consistently very good and more often not the show has some pretty terrible episodes so overall I find the game better.

• you simply cannot compare these two.

• Stupid question. It's like asking which is better: "GoT the show or GoT the game?".

But the other way around, of course.

• I like apples, as well as oranges.

• Are your serious, The show is better for sure. For starters it's much more reliable. When a commercial comes on for the show you know it's going to be on Sunday night. Instead of some slogan like coming soon.

• Depends on the individual.Both are great,but if I really had to chose,the game.The show does have some annoying characters after all.

Add Comment