997 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Because the game will be *that much better*.

• Oh, I know it, but I still stand by my Kenan-esque "Whyyyy!?" :p

• Don't go all crazy on us. Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time. I trust that you know what you're doing, but hopefully this won't happen too much, or we'll start to get all disillusioned.

• @Maratanos said: Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time.

Well, I think that's more important once the season's underway, that each episode hit the scheduled "air" date. I mean, this is still a delay, and that sucks, but they didn't actually release a complete public schedule for all the episodes yet, nor did they start taking orders, so it's not too bad. If they saw that things were getting tight, it's better to delay the whole series by a month than launch now and risk not being able to deliver on the real dates, or not being able to do so with the level of quality we expect. As the Brothers Chapman suggested, this can only help the games.

I did think it was kinda weird that we hadn't seen a full schedule released yet this close to the supposed launch, unlike with Sam & Max. I guess this is why. Anywho, roll on July!

• That's alright with me. As long as the game is gettin' better!

(Or if Nintendo just feels like pushing it back because the schedule is at their mercy)

• @Maratanos said: Don't go all crazy on us. Remember that your number 1 selling point for episodic gaming is that you actually deliver on time. I trust that you know what you're doing, but hopefully this won't happen too much, or we'll start to get all disillusioned.

Talk down to people a little more, you'll go places. "Remember," if our biggest strength is that we release on time, that wouldn't be saying much for our games. We're proud that we shipped two seasons of Sam & Max on time, and once we start with SBCG4AP the schedule will hold, but what's most important to us is that we ship good games. We moved the launch of the season (less than a month) to make the game better. I'm sure you'd rather be playing a polished game in July than an unfinished one in June.

• That stinks!!! I know its for a good reason
    but I wish it was in June!!!

• You Better Make This Good, I Want This To Distract Me Till Sam And Max Season 3?!?!?!

• User Avatar Image
    langley Telltale Staff

Guess we can't win the "Telltale Games: #1 For Releasing Games on Time" award. It's the biggest disappointment for me since I lost the "Perfect Attendance" award in grammar school.

(Yeah, we'd rather be known for making good games.)

This discussion has been closed.