User Avatar Image

Season 3: What YOU Want

posted by ThatNickGuy on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

With Telltale hard at work on the Homestar Runner games, we probably have some time before they start too much work on Season 3 of Sam & Max. With all that said, I think it'd be fun to make some kind of a "wish list" of things we might like to see in future installments of the Freelance Police. Other games have had wish lists written by fans and I've seen on some occasions (such as City of Heroes) where those prayers were answered.

So, here's a few things I wouldn't mind seeing, if it's possible. Feel free to add your own thoughts:

-The return of Conroy Bumpus, from Hit the Road (unless there are legalities that prevent this).
-Finally, finally, FINALLY meeting the Mayor. Maybe have to get to his office to hear the latest case (and then, of course, a puzzle to be solved to get there and maybe to be used later in that episode or season).
-A meeting between Jimmy Two-Teeth and the cat from the beginning of Hit the Road (I loved that sarcastic little bastard).
-The revenge of...Leonard! He's free! He's out! And probably ticked off!
-Being able to control Max. I have two suggestions/ideas for this:
1) An entire episode in control of Max (maybe to rescue Sam?)
2) Being able to switch between the two of them, similar to Day of the Tentacle?
-Guest appearance by Steve Purcell, himself! Either playing himself or just providing a character voice.
-A Hollywood-related episode where Sam & Max, similar to Jay & Silent Bob, try to get more money and recognition for Midnight Cowboys (we DID see a movie trailer!)

265 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How about this?
    1. Superball is the villan of this season
    2. A whole episode in which you play as Max
    3. An episode where the two visit their old pals, the Toy Mafia
    4. Have Max win the re-election campaign (maybe against Obama?)
    5. More Leonard abuse!
    6 Another trip to hell!
    That about sums it up. The series launches in January from what I've heard.

• @ted12 said: How about this?
    1. Superball is the villan of this season

Done! He's it.

See, now you don't even need to play the season because it's revealed!

• @ted12 said: The series launches in January from what I've heard.

You need to start hearing different things :)

We're not even close to starting on, much less deciding on, much less announcing, a release timeframe more specific than "Early 2009." I would hate to see people going around saying, "But I read on the internets that it was gonna be out in January what gives TTG why are you late you suck so bad!!!!"

• 1) Cyborg dinosaurs from a theme park running amock.
    2) Killer robot hyenas with death-ray eyes that are under the control of the puppet president.
    3) The idea of Superball being a villian is a great idea! That guy reminds me of Mr. Smith in The Matrix movies, and Mr. Smith really scares me. Plus, he was able to erase Sam&Max's memories which is even more suspicious.
    4) Sam&Max's possessed Desoto becomes a deadly monster truck!
    5) A mysterious criminal has stolen an ancient Mayan calander which has the power to control natural disasters. Could Sam&Max recover the calander before thier neighborhood gets sucked up in a giant twister?!

• And I suddenly want a wizard of Oz parody for some reason...

• @vyperspit said:
    4) Sam&Max's possessed Desoto becomes a deadly monster truck!

@vyperspit said:
    3. An episode where the two visit their old pals, the Toy Mafia
    5. More Leonard abuse!

I'd pay cold, hard cash for these things to happen. How about an "Abuse Leonard" mini-game?

• @Chuck said: We're not even close to starting on, much less deciding on, much less announcing, a release timeframe more specific than "Early 2009."

Ah. Good timing on this wish list, then!

• Why do you hate Leonard so much? :(

• Nobody hates Leonard, we just think it's funny when he gets beat up.

• I'd like to see a Snuckey's somwhere in season 3, also, maybe a trip to the sub-basement of solitude. I know that these are from past S&M, but I like seeing familliar things - it helps me connect with the game even more.

Add Comment