User Avatar Image

Definitely NOT getting credit for certain hands

posted by dalbozofgurth on - Viewed by 326 users

90% of the time when I don't get credit for the actual spread I have in my hand, I'm still the winner.

So for a while I was thinking the computer just picked the next highest hand needed to beat the opponent.

But tonight the bug started affecting me in a way where I would've won HAD the computer actually given me credit for the proper hand.

I checked the official Hoyle rules on Omaha and Texas Hold'em and according to all the resources I could find, I would've won this hand, but as you can see, the computer CHOSE to only give me credit for the single pair, instead of the two pair that is right there as plain as day:

http://s656.photobucket.com/user/trekkieforasimov/media/pokernight2-screwballglados3.png.html?filters[user]=88120069&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I have two aces and two jacks. There's no way I don't have those four cards.

He has two jacks and two twos.

This needs to be fixed. There is no rule that would prevent me from winning in this situation, not in the game, and not anywhere else on the site.

This is happening a LOT.

The only explanations I can give are one of the following:

1. This game "randomly" selects cards from my hand and the river without any intention of giving me credit for the cards that I intend to play.
  2. This game is showing me graphics for cards that the database says I don't have.

Fix it, please.

Until you do, I'll just cheat the computer by force quitting before it records the scores.

2 Comments
  • The basic differences between Omaha and Texas hold 'em are these: first, each player is dealt four hole cards instead of two. The betting rounds and layout of community cards are identical. At showdown, each player's hand is the best five-card hand made from exactly three of the five cards on the board, plus exactly two of the player's own cards.

There is no mistake with the computer. You had two Aces in your hand, and those are the best cards in your hand, so they are automatically chosen, not the Jack. Only 3 cards are used from the board.

• That's where we get to this other problem.

I thought that's how the game was supposed to work in the beginning, but then the computer was pulling 3 and 4 of a kind out of their hand in Omaha when there were no such cards in the river, and yes, it was Omaha and not Texas Holdem.

There are quite a few people on steam who have been noticing this, too.

Maybe the computer should add another step where two cards are chosen before the final round.

Add Comment