User Avatar Image

Whatever happend to those cool prizes in cereal boxes?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 641 users

Now they are all shitty. I remember they had some kind of sticky octopus thing that crawls down the wall. Now all I get is ants and cockroaches. And they never stay where you want them too. Plus they taste like crap.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

2 words, law suites. You would not believe how many small appendixes went flying for that one.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Whatever happend to all the cool stuff they used to put in game boxes ?

Maps, glowing stones, leather pouches, microscopic space fleets, napkins, magazines with 20 pages of fabricated content...

Now all we get is a lo-res pdf file burried somewhere in the depth on the cd and a promotion for AOL

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Whatever happend to all the cool stuff they used to put in game boxes ?

Maps, glowing stones, leather pouches, microscopic space fleets, napkins, magazines with 20 pages of fabricated content...

Now all we get is a lo-res pdf file burried somewhere in the depth on the cd and a promotion for AOL[/quote]

I think I have alot of those magazines with advetisements for other games in them. doubt you'd be able to get the games any more but I'm sure I can shio them off to Telltale and they can add them to the boxes and it would be like old times.

Hey that would be quite funny if we opend the boxes to find advertisements for UltimaUnderworld or something in the box.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I bought a box of cereals (I shall leave Kellogg's unnamed) once for a free game inside. I was naive and thought that "Free Game - Desperados!" and no sign of the word "demo" would mean that the game indeed was full version.

Now me and a couple of my friends have a habit to address all the complaints to that unnamed company.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Whatever happend to all the cool stuff they used to put in game boxes ?

Now all we get is a lo-res pdf file burried somewhere in the depth on the cd and a promotion for AOL[/quote]
    I agree!

In my eyes the coolest thing you could get was from a Leasure Suit Larry box - anyone remember the scratch'n'sniff LSL "smellblaster"? ...well, THAT was cool and original!!!

Or the comicstrip story big "And you think your life sucks!" poster the underworld newspaper in the Litil Divil box.

Or the yelly babies you got with the Lemmings 3D (actually i didn't, but that's probably because the jelly babies were limited to US or something as stupid as that)

...anyway ...yea! Cool gifts with games rock!!! ...not much of a cereal fan, though

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

What does this have to do with anything?

Anyway, the answer is Money.

• I bought some Coco Pops a month or two back, because it had an hour long compilation of classic Looney Tunes cartoons on DVD.

The kids love it, and it's too big for them to swallow.

Ace!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think I once got a free copy of Tony Hawk Pro something or other. The cereal companies would only do it these days if they got the copies of the game for free.

• Thats a pretty epic bump!
    Anyway, i don't eat cereal anymore, so i couldn't really say. However, i hat how everything has gone all healthy now. I don't want Wholegrain Wheeto's! I liked them fine before!

Which reminds me, i'm hungry...

Add Comment