User Avatar Image

Nintendo and SBCG4AP

posted by Shmeh on - last edited - Viewed by 164 users

More than one person from Telltale has said on this forum that when they know the release date for SBCG4AP they will tell us. This sounds to me that someone (most likely Nintendo) will be dictating the release date to Telltale. My question is; to what extent does Nintendo have control of the release date for the Wii version of episodes of SBCG4AP?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good question. I've personally lost hope in seeing it this month.

• i haven't, im not giving up hope yet

• hey splash its me homsar they tried to ban me but i can just make other accounts.

• @itshomsaragain! said: hey splash its me homsar they tried to ban me but i can just make other accounts.

All this is going to get you is IP banned.

• and that's about it...back on topic

• wow. an IP ban... hmm, Quite good work. Quite good. Back on topic- Nintendo releases WiiWare games in groups... IN other words, once it has been fully submitted, Nintendo will have complete control over when its to be released,

• The release date is something we and Nintendo are working on together. Remember that this is new for all of us... WiiWare has only been up and running for two months, and the first episode of Strong Bad is Telltale's first WiiWare release AND our first downloadable release on a console, as opposed to on the PC. There's a lot we all need to do to make sure it goes right.

We've had nothing but good experiences working with Nintendo on this project. I don't want people to have the impression that they're dictators pushing us around, because that's not the case at all. I think it's Nintendo's priority as well as Telltale's to release the best Strong Bad game we possibly can. :)

• lol @ the ip ban.

What do you wanna bet that "itshomsaragain!" is going to go tell all of his (1) friends not to buy the game now because he got banned for spamming. :P

Anyway..... Yeah, I have faith that Nintendo is going to try and deliver for us.

Imo, there's way too many people that have been whining and complaining and saying this and that about how "bad" they think WiiWare and Virtual Console is, just because they don't get the exact game they wanted on the exact date they wanted it.

Either that, or they ignore all of the other great games that Nintendo has given them or that Nintendo even provides such a great service, and they complain about how "Nintendo hates us" because weeks go by without them having gotten Super Mario RPG, or Kirby Super Star yet, when they tell Nintendo to jump.

Yeah, honestly Nintendo has a lot to manage, with over 100 WiiWare titles being worked on, and even though I am very much anticipating the Strong Bad game, it is but one of the 100 titles that Nintendo must go through and give them all their fair due... which is a lot of work! Work that Nintendo is doing for everyone!

If you had told me, at least 2 years ago that Nintendo and another great devloper were going to team up with the Brothers Chaps and make a Strong Bad game, I wouldn't have believed it. Ever.

But they did. And it's pretty mindbogglingly really, as Strong Bad is a cult hit, but not a national mainstream or worldwide phenomenon. It's about as likely as a weekly internet webcomic getting a feature length movie released in theaters. That's pretty amazing in and of itself.

With something like a Strong Bad video game, i'd much rather see the license handled well and a release that has every little bug tested and every little bell polished before it it packages and gets shipped to the masses.

As they say, you don't send a cow to market just to eat a mooing hamburger.

.....actually, I just made that saying up. Yeah, yeah, I know it's crap. :P

• @KarmaRocketX said:
    Either that, or they ignore all of the other great games that Nintendo has given them or that Nintendo even provides such a great service, and they complain about how "Nintendo hates us" because weeks go by without them having gotten Super Mario RPG, or Kirby Super Star yet, when they tell Nintendo to jump.:P

I don't know about this. I mean, okay, yeah, maybe people should stop just pushing their pet game, but I think you're ignoring the fact that they've released some really really bad games in the meantime.
    There is no good reason for releasing, say, Ninja Combat but not, for example, Earthbound.

Add Comment