User Avatar Image

Inter-Telltale Games references?!

posted by DarkEvilWorm on - last edited - Viewed by 271 users

Do you think there'll be 1 or more Telltale references?

I think there'll be this one. When Bubs' little shop roller-door is closed, there'll be a piece of graffiti shaped like Sam and Max.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Of course there will! Sam & Max had references to TTTH and Bone, and iirc Bone and CSI had pre-emptive references to Sam & Max before Season One even came out (arguably so did TTTH, but that'll be more of a retcon).
    I could see some good references exploiting the Bubs/Bosco similarity. Perhaps something involving "do you have any...?" or bad disguises.

• @Harald B said:
    I could see some good references exploiting the Bubs/Bosco similarity.

I could see some hilarity there. *AHEM!*

Strong Bad: Hey Bubs!
    Bubs: Hey, customer!
    Strong Bad: Got any new stock?
    Bubs: (IN BOSCO'S VOICE) I got my patented truth serum!
    Strong Bad: Wait, what?
    Bubs: Whoops, must of gotten a spit-bubble stuck in my throat!

Heh heh. Classic!

• @DarkEvilWorm said: I could see some hilarity there. *AHEM!*

Strong Bad: Hey Bubs!
    Bubs: Hey, customer!
    Strong Bad: Got any new stock?
    Bubs: (IN BOSCO'S VOICE) I got my patented truth serum!
    Strong Bad: Wait, what?
    Bubs: Whoops, must of gotten a spit-bubble stuck in my throat!

Heh heh. Classic!

THAT would be interesting. I wonder what Bubs would look like in a Russian Outfit....

Russian I guess?

• @British Jinx said: THAT would be interesting. I wonder what Bubs would look like in a Russian Outfit....

Russian I guess?

What would he SELL in a Russian outfit...?

• There'll probably be some posters or graffiti of Sam and Max somewhere. Maybe Bubs will have a Sam and Max game in his concession stand! Or maybe...

Strong Bad: Who are "them"?
    Bubs: AAAHHHH!!
    Strong Bad: OK, that's getting old really fast.
    @someguyfromazoo said: What would he SELL in a Russian outfit...?
    Russia, of course!

• @16_BIT_MARIO1 said: Russia, of course!

Or borsch! Or Chekts...

• Well, Telltale has a tacit rule to never use anything once (pretty sure I read that somewhere), so I'm guessing yeah, there might be references...

• I think there should be a Sam and Max styled puzzle joke. You have to get Bubs 100 Teddy Grams so he can sell them. You can challenge Homestar to a teddy gram spitting contest (you'll chose who you want to spit on, Strong Sad, the Tandy, or the Compy. Maybe Homsar as an easter egg?). It could be a mini-game. If you win, Homestar gives you 100 teddy grams. Go to Bubs and give it to him. Your reward? Either a Sam and Max, Bone, or Telltale Texas hold em' costume. From Sam and Max, you could chose between a Sam costume or a Max costume. The Sam costume would contain of Sam's hat, his tie and jacket, and maybe some Boxing Gloves and Shoes for his paws. The Max costume would contain of a Max hat (it would have his eyes and bunny ears), a white shirt, and some boxing gloves and shoes. For Bone, you could get a cow costume. For Telltale Texas Hold em, there could be a Theodore Dudebrough or Grandma Shaky costume you'd chose from. Anyone like this idea?

• @Strongsadioware said: I think there should be a Sam and Max styled puzzle joke. You have to get Bubs 100 Teddy Grams so he can sell them. You can challenge Homestar to a teddy gram spitting contest (you'll chose who you want to spit on, Strong Sad, the Tandy, or the Compy. Maybe Homsar as an easter egg?). It could be a mini-game. If you win, Homestar gives you 100 teddy grams. Go to Bubs and give it to him. Your reward? Either a Sam and Max, Bone, or Telltale Texas hold em' costume. From Sam and Max, you could chose between a Sam costume or a Max costume. The Sam costume would contain of Sam's hat, his tie and jacket, and maybe some Boxing Gloves and Shoes for his paws. The Max costume would contain of a Max hat (it would have his eyes and bunny ears), a white shirt, and some boxing gloves and shoes. For Bone, you could get a cow costume. For Telltale Texas Hold em, there could be a Theodore Dudebrough or Grandma Shaky costume you'd chose from. Anyone like this idea?

Neat!But, I think some more character's would be nice for Bone.

• @someguyfromazoo said: What would he SELL in a Russian outfit...?

Isn't it obvious? Vodka! :p

And now that I think about it, a Bosco disguised as Bubs (or maybe vice-versa) would have worked out quite well. Or perhaps someday we'll see Bubs and Bosco competing across the street from each other. (Oh the endless humour potential)

Add Comment