User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Season 1 won't play

posted by maxosenkarski on - Viewed by 1.4K users

I previously bought this game a long time ago on my other computer, now I wanted to play it over so I can combine my own choices between S1 and S2, so I bought it again to play. I was playing it just fine yesterday, apart from some major lag during the first running away scene with Lee. But now all of a sudden, I can't even play the game at all. Each time I load the game up, I click the screen like it tells me, then each time it makes me put my username and password. Then after I put my info in. . .that's it. I just stare at the text "THE WALKING DEAD". I can't click anything, or go anywhere from there until I either "crtl-alt-del" or push the windows button to leave the game. I even tried to do the "the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool" that I saw hear, twice, but that didn't accomplish anything. Some help on this matter would be much appreciated. I would just switch to my Xbox, but I don't really feel like buying the same game three separate times, no matter how good it is.

9 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

If you already ran the Support Tool, you can copy and paste the link you created in this thread, and me or another forum moderator would be happy to try and assist you with your issue.

• User Avatar Image
        DjNDB Moderator

I am not sure what's happening there, but i suggest you delete the Login data from the registry.

First, open a command window.
        Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
        Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
        Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question:
        REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Then try if the game lets you login properly.

If that doesn't change anything, please try renaming the "The Walking Dead" folder in
        %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\
        to anything else to deactivate it, as a test.

• Hey there i did the first step but then the game says it has failed to verify the ownership status of my account and a retry option when i press the reply button nothing happens p.s verified my account via phone

• Im having the same problem! put it on my pc and when i open it says to enter account which i do then click ok and then nothing happens! i just hear the background noises and see the title nothing happens....

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

If you can hear the background noises, but are unable to see the game's menu, please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

Add Comment