User Avatar Image

TWD Season 1 Unable to load Episode 3

posted by Kalguraz on - Viewed by 1K users

After just completing Episode 2, the game lists all episodes as coming soon even though I have all 5 episodes and the 400 Days add on pack. I am unable to progress through the story and even if I quit the game and rejoin, it reloads the last bit of episode 2 for me to just play it all over again to the end and the problem persists.

I have included all my save files and TWD tool report here. http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7fdhj

Please help. This is getting very frustrating.

8 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in each of these folders to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102/

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead103/

You can navigate to each folder by starting Finder, and selecting "Go/Go to Folder..." from the menu or pressing CMD-SHIFT-G, and pasting the path into it.

• This just made me lose my entire Episode 2 progress.

Sigh.. I guess i'll have to play again and pray when I hit episode 3 there will be no issues?

• User Avatar Image
        DjNDB Moderator

My bad, that should be easily fixable though.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
        /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead
        to prefs.prop.orig to deactivate it.

Then move the prefs.prop.bak from
        /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102/
        to
        /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead
        and rename it to prefs.prop

• hello diana from Slovakia, pc Windows 7 i have similar problems with game...i have this with any episody, not only with ep.3. When i start save data there are only old ones and not my very last save. Ihave tried what you mentioned but i didnt work..coz when i look in file:
          Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102

theres is not a data with name: prefs.prop.bak...what can i do?? i buight all two games from you and cant play it:/

Add Comment