User Avatar Image

Previous save game is gone and won't load after death

posted by Biggp on - Viewed by 704 users

I have season 1 installed, purchased season 2 without realizing that I missed the 400 days dlc. I then purchased 400 days, installed it and when I loaded the game my previous save game was gone. I started 400 days anyway and now when I die, after I choose continue I just get a black screen.

Help?

10 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

Please double check your Save Data Utility to see if there is a Walking Dead save present.

If there is save data present, please try launching Season One again and see if your saves are present.

Also, can you please clarify how many save slots you've used on your save games?

• The save game present is there and I only had 1 slot used.

I've launched it more than a dozen times and it finds nothing.

• User Avatar Image

If your save game data is a completed save of Season One, please try rewinding a chapter or two before the Episode 5 ending, and playing from there. That may allow the game to recognize the saves. I apologize for any inconvenience.

• Even if I start a new game in any chapter, there is no save option of any sort.

• Now that I tried o tart the game over again it now is telling me to buy the game...wtf, can I get my money back? I jut want the gem to work.

• User Avatar Image

Please uninstall/delete Season 2 from your PS3. Then re-download/reinstall it onto your PS3, and make sure to also re-download the unlock key that you have available to download from the Playstation Sore. Install the game, and the unlock key, and launch the game. When the game launches, please make sure that you receive any and all updates and patches that are available for the game. After following these steps, you should be able to import your saves, and continue playing. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

• So just to confirm I'm deleting season 2 to get season 1 to work?

• User Avatar Image

Sorry for the confusion, no, you are reinstalling Season 2 to get it to read your saves correctly. If you are having trouble with 400 Days, the same thing applies (A clean reinstall of 400 Days). Can you please clarify how many save slots you have used, and if they are all holding completed saves?

• I had 1 saved game n season one

• User Avatar Image

Just to clarify, looking up at your previous posts, if you start a new game, there is no save option? Are you receiving the autosave icon but the game is not saving? There has been a small number of players reporting the game not saving/saves not being read correctly. We are currently looking into the issue, and are working hard on finding and fixing the cause of the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Add Comment