User Avatar Image

E3 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 139.5K users

The place for all your Episode 3 release date discussion needs!

We'll update the OP here when there's new info to share.

RELEASE DATES

• PC/Mac (worldwide) - Tuesday, April 8th - OUT NOW
  • PlayStation 3 (North America) - Tuesday, April 8th - OUT NOW
  • Xbox 360 (worldwide) - Wednesday, April 9th - OUT NOW
  • PlayStation 3 (Europe) - Wednesday, April 9th - OUT NOW
  • iOS - Thursday, April 10th - OUT NOW
  • Kindle Fire and Amazon Fire TV (worldwide) - Monday, June 2nd - OUT NOW
  • Android - Thursday, October 30th - OUT NOW
  • PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One (North America) - Tuesday, November 4th
  • PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One (Europe) - Friday, November 7th

Episode 3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KvAb27IC1Y

1.7K Comments
  • Has there ever been on time Telltale game release?

• I just can't help but think that Telltale's business / creative model is completely whacked. TWAU was in development for like two years: I don't understand why they would begin to release the episodes until all of them were FINISHED. Or, like 99% completed. For that matter, I don't understand why all the episodes WOULDN'T be finished after all that time in development. They seem to be literally making these chapters up as they go along: and speaking as a writer, I could not begin to live with that kind of insanity. It is completely 100 percent bonkers. You can NOT expect to deliver a polished product when you are still putting it together a week before the release date!

Not having the episodes complete means that, by definition, you cannot make an accurate or even sensible release schedule. Making it up as you go along means that the whole project could potentially collapse at any given point. And the whole mess is compounded by their damned annoying tight-lipped approach to the fans. I think a lot of fan frustration could be alleviated just by keeping us in the loop: let us in on the creative process, give us a glimpse behind the scenes. Instead they treat us like mushrooms.

I can only imagine the chaos that their offices must live in on a daily basis. Much as I am interested in their BORDERLANDS game, I'm having second and third thoughts about buying into it... because Telltale just seems to me to literally not have a clue what they are doing.

• thats correct, it is being made up as they go along , for one of many reasons, to incorporate gamer feedback.

• Wow. That's crazy. That's not just "storytelling by committee," that's... I can't even think of the words, it's just crazy and insane. How can you hope to tell a decent story if you leave it up to your customers? No wonder they're always advertising that they're hiring: as a creative person I wouldn't tolerate that working model for five minutes.

• I am sad that they had to make big changes in the story! Looks like they wrote out the detective out of the episode and I think that these changes might be giving them problems in further episodes!

• If Telltale games goes by the six week promise they made, I would said we are due for a new Episode around the end of March, beginning of April.

If they don't keep the six week promise, I would say mid-end of April if we're lucky.

If you think about it, they have three games to deal with, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and the Borderlands 2 DLC that they are making. (if it hasn't already been released)

I would just give them some space, plus, we won't know the date of the Episode release until a week before. Can't really say much until then.

• I guess your right. You can't expect them to have the episode ready in time.

• I wasn't trying to say that, I was trying to say that they have a lot on their plates. So, just don't really be surprised if the Episode does come out late. Plus, they are making adjustments to the game all the time with the gamer feedback they get.

If you really think about it, Telltale makes good, even great games. Couldn't we wait an extra two weeks for what it's worth? It wouldn't be that bad having to wait a little bit longer than expected.

• I would say April or May. Hopefully, April. They wouldn't release TWAU Ep3 in March, because they normally release an episode of game every month such as.....

october: twau Ep1

november: erm, well?

december: Season 2 ep 1

january: twau ep2, you coming soon? :D

february: twau ep2

march: twd s2 episode 2

april: twau ep3

may: twd s2 episode 3

june: twau ep4

july: twd s2 episode 4

august: twau ep5

september:twd s2 episode 5 if we're lucky.

• I think that this will alternate with Walking Dead until they are almost done, then they will release the other new games, like Tales of the Borderlands, to keep the target entertained and them rolling in dough. not a bad marketing ploy really.

• the five episodes in one disc will be out in august or september right?

• I quote from Steam: "Episodes 3-5 will be released periodically until Summer 2014"

Meaning, Episode 5 will be released -hopefully- by the end of September (when Summer ends). The rest will be released before then.

• I expect the release date to be in early April since EP2 was released on 4th of February and TWD: A House Divided will be released today, again on the 4th!

• Well, now that ep 2 of TWD was released. We can now look forward for TWAU. Unfortunately, i'm inclined to believe that without delays we will get it by early april.

• Only a month left...if we're lucky...

Add Comment