User Avatar Image

Why did more people rip Gren's arm off than punch Beast when he was down?

posted by SuddenlyKitties on - Viewed by 2.3K users

I don't understand why more people ripped Gren's arm off than punch Beast while he was down. I think it's worst to rip someone's arm off rather than punch someone when they're down. They both also started the fight with Bigby so what makes them different? What made you show more mercy to Beast than Gren?

87 Comments
  • Good question. I didn't do either. I kinda try to play based on what I would do in real life. At least the first time through. I'm no angel, I pushed my witness to talk. I'd be interested in seeing what people say.

• My guess is that a lot of people were angrier with Gren because up to that point in the episode he had been extremely combative and antagonistic toward Bigby. I think for some people it was like "you asked for this!" You know.

Beast, on the other hand, kind of came across as a nice guy and just concerned in episode one. They really try to focus on the fact that he's losing it because of how jealous he is. Of course, he still attacked you first, but maybe more players felt like he was just out of control so they didn't want to kick him while he was down.

• User Avatar Image
    Koi

Personally I did not rip his arm off, nor did I hit Beast again, but if I were to guess I'd say it might be because Gren ticked off a lot of players and was perceived as an asshole by a lot of people, while Beast's predicament is easier to understand and people sympathized with him. Everyone knows he's crazy about his wife, and Bigby showing up in a shady hotel with her definitely didn't look good.

I didn't even want to hit him once, but when I tried to fail the quick time event I got a game over screen lol.

• That's an interesting perspective, but I don't think it's entirely accurate. Stereotype is one thing. However, the more compelling thing is that throughout the episode, Gren was being a real asshole towards Bigby. He started an unnecessary fight, and he really had no reason to attack Bigby. It was just frustration and you know he doesn't like Bigby. It was like some kind of personal vendetta. Plus, you have to remember that he's been painted as a villain, if only due to his animosity towards Bigby. And that animosity isn't likely to diminish. So you're weakening a possible future opponent.

With Beast, you know he trusts and likes Bigby from the elevator scene. Whether Bigby lies to him or tells him that he wants to stay out of it, Beast doesn't get angry at that moment. Plus, in this scene, there's Beauty, and it's Beauty who begs Bigby to stop. I think most players stopped because of Beauty. Also, once Beast took that cheap shot of smashing the bottle against Bigby's head, Bigby does tackle him into the door of Room 207.

• well,I didn't hit beast the second time when he was down,and didn't broke off gren's arm either,I just feel physical violence can only be done when it's necessary

• I beat him when he was down, but I shouldn't have. There are some people I don't want to intimidate.

• Beast was upset. He shouldn't have flown off the handle like he did but he'd just seen his wife, who has spent goodness knows how long sneaking off alone at night, being followed into a motel room by another guy. I'd pop a gasket for sure.

Gren, on the other hand, was just looking for a fight.

• Yeah I agree with you. Gren called snow a bitch.. so yeah anyone that likes her would want to make him pay for that. I personally played the game both episode 1 and 2 multiple times to get all possible combinations/endings and I still prefer to rip Gren's arm off, now snow dislikes the beast inside bigby so I am trying not to be such an awesome boss character just so I can get bigby a chance with snow as I don't want to make her hate him. The things we do to make our women happy..

But yeah I didn't beat the crap out of beast yet as I mean come on that would be a dick move. If any of us were beast we would do the same shit he did as who would want their wife going into a run down motel room with another man.. even if they weren't doing anything sexual or anything like that how the hell would we know? If we just see them going into a motel room with another man we would jump to conclusions and flip out. At least if we actually have feelings for our wife that is. Example: when I thought snow was dead I beat the shit out of the prisoners and started acting like a total boss and intimidating everyone, but yeah when I found out she was alive I kinda calmed down and went back to being a good boy for her..

• My thinking is that Gren was more upset for not a legitimate reason while Beast was and you could sympathize with Beast. Plus, you being Bigby, Bigby knew Beauty and Beast, they were friends and as the player, you sense that friendship while Gren was just another grunt looking for a fight

• You also can't get the last Episode 1 Fables book/achievement if you don't rip Grendel's arm off. Many people probably went back and did it just for that.

• Well for one Gren was purposefully bothering Bigby, despite seeing how distressed he was probably getting. In my first play throughs I play logically, I'm nice and try to do the best, but in the second plays I act more correctly and bolder. In my first play I didn't rip it off but I considered it. In my second play I hesitated but did it. I felt like I didn't want to deal with being considered like such an outsider as Bigby and wanted to show them I'm not to be pushed around and played with. Therefor I ripped his arm straight off. I'm continuing my second play through on the second episode soon and I plan on hitting him. But Beast wasn't looking for a fight, just the woman he loves. And yeah, he acted out of line by attacking first but you won't think rationally seeing the one thing your tied to tying to someone else you trusted and had a mutual understanding with. It's like having everything he was sure about doubted. I feel bad for him but It not his fault. Gren deserved my wrath because he got involved in something not including him and was only a thorn in my side, then he chose to involve others despite warnings.

Add Comment