User Avatar Image

PC/MAC Game Save compatability.

posted by SirChadimus on - Viewed by 123 users

I'm going on a trip for two weeks and am taking my Macbook Pro with me. I want to play through Season 1 of the Walking Dead while I do. However, my main gaming computer is a Windows based machine.

Will my game save on the Mac version of Season 1 Carry over to the PC version of Season 2?

I'm using the steam version of the game.

4 Comments
  • I'm not 100% sure as I have no experience with Macs, but no one else seems to be helping so I'll try.

I believe they both use the same kind of save file so you should be okay if you know where to transfer the files to. I know on Windows 7 the files are in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead by default. This is where Season 2 will look for Season 1 save files.

According to one of the FAQs on this forum, the Mac save files are in ~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games. If on Mac your save folder contains .save files and a prefs.prop file, then they should be compatible with the Windows version of Season 2.

You'll need to transfer these files to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead for Season 2 to import your choices from Season 1.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks! I hope your right :D

Any chance on an official word on this from TT support?

• I'm not sure, if you contact them directly you might get an answer but Telltale aren't known for having good customer support.

Add Comment