50 Comments
  • You mean Holly's sister, right? xD

As for Crane, we haven't proved crap yet. All we know is that he probably slept with Lily, and he was in that room the murder took place in. We really don't have much evidence to pin it on him, just yet (If at all).

• He is hiding something otherwise he wouldn't of smashed up the magic mirror. Plus I wonder who took the picture of Crane couldn't of been Zcrane himself.

• The reason for smashing the mirror is probably for him not wanting to be found. He has a fetish for Snow and is now also the prime suspect for 2 murders, I don't think Bigby will be very happy if he finds him.

But as LukaszB said, he is not the murderer.

• Actually Crane wouldn't kill anyone alone. There are a lot of unanswered questions. What did Crane want from Faith? Why did Dee threaten to kill Toad Jr.? Will Bigby kill Dee and Dum since they aren't in the comics? Will Grendel kill Woody for having sex with Lily? What was the real reason Crane got fired, because through reading issue 22 and Book of Fables entry on Crane he gets fired in the game? There are more questions than answers so far.

• It does happen frequently that a story provides many clues of guilt about a character. We have many of them about Crane. He acts strangely, seems worried and anxious, he broke the mirror, a picture of him with a Snow White-resembling prostitute was found. Too many clues: it is evident he is completely innocent. He was certainly framed, but we don't know the purpose. In any case, as I said in another thread, Crane is certainly a sexual maniac but does this imply he might be a killer? He had sex with Lily but am sure he went away before the murder took place. The reasons? I do not know, maybe someone wants to cover the police department with shame for some purpose by making Crane an unworthy chief. Crane has been nervous during the corpse examination because he felt uncomfortable being with the dead woman she had sex with and, plus, maybe someone would be able to correlate the homicide with the fact that Crane used to go with prostitutes, uncovering his sexual secrets. It could be possible that he knew someone was going to frame him and started to be anxious about that, trying, faintly, to hide it. Maybe he was even aware Snow White was not dead and acted like the homicide of the colleague actually took place. Since everyone can be glamoured, it is tricky to think about a possible killer, because everyone can be turned into anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the end, the killer was one of the most unlikely ones, like Snowhite herself, or even Beauty.

• Crane killed them, no doubt about it.

• Without any other clues or suspects, we have to assume it's Crane. Too much evidence to point otherwise.

• theres no way they would reveal the killer in the 2nd episode. Crane is being framed by whoever took the picture of him and "snow"

• A picture he knew existed, and the fact he has a Snow White obsession says otherwise. Crane so far is the only one other than Woody that has a motive to kill Faith. Do we have a motive to kill Lily by anyone? Not yet. Instead of trying to find out who the killer is lets start thinking what the motives are. Crane accuses Bigby a lot, and knows everything about Bigby. 3 episodes of gathering evidence and chasing Crane would be a bit more interesting.

• What would be Crane's motive for killing Faith? Or even Lily for that matter? So far his primary driving motivation has been his irritation at having this problem land in his lap while he's in charge. Even if he did have reason to kill Faith and Lily, why would he leave evidence of their deaths in such a public location (right outside the Woodlands), when he knows that it would lead to an investigation that could only end either with him being caught or with him being embarrassed politically when his administration fails to catch the killer? And for that matter, why would he leave so much incriminating evidence pointing to him as the killer in a place that could easily be linked back to him?

I have to agree with Jbeal. Crane being the killer is highly unlikely.

• Bigby: "What did Faith steal, must have been valuable?" Dee: "I don't know, some dumb thing my boss was after." Crane: "What did you say!". That answers the Faith motive pretty nicely, doesn't it? The only other person with a motive to kill Faith is Woody, yet he was nowhere near the Woodlands when Faith's head was left there.

Crane wasn't irritated at the fact Faith's head was left at the Woodlands. Bigby: "Give me a break!" Shocked Crane: "What?" Bigby: "You treated her like the fucking maid, and now you want a shoulder to cry on. You didn't care then and you don't care now!" Hesitant Crane: "That's not true! Not true at all!"

Bigby: "Last chance Dee, who are you working for!" Dee: "Beauty was right about you!" Bigby: Beauty? You're full of shit." Dee: "Oh we're good friends." Crane: "I will not stand for this savagery. You think someone was after Snow! Didn't you think someone wanted to get back at you by killing her!"

People have said before that the biggest clue would be the fact that there are Huff&Puff cigarettes. And then there is the case of Bluebeard. Bigby: "Bluebeard was mentioned." Crane: "Don't be absured, Bluebeard is out of the country as we speak, so don't even think of accusing him of such a treacherous affair." Bigby: The guy has a history of beheading young women, I think that is something worth checking out." Crane: "If all you're going off of is ancient history, then we're in much more trouble than I imagined. By that rational you're a suspect as well Wolf."

That is what I call a boatload of evidence against Crane.

• These quotes prove nothing at all. Plus, the game is canon to the comics, so its not Crane

• Bigby: "What did Faith steal, must have been valuable?" Dee: "I don't know, some dumb thing my boss was after." Crane: "What did you say!". That answers the Faith motive pretty nicely, doesn't it?

No. No it doesn't. What exactly is this supposed to prove? I mean, we see here that Dee and his boss might have had a motive. But what does it have to do with Crane?

Crane wasn't irritated at the fact Faith's head was left at the Woodlands.

That very clearly is not the case. The first scene in which he appears is him yelling at Snow because there's a killer on the loose. Crane, Episode 1: "The last thing I need with Mayor Cole away is a hysteria!"

Bigby: "Give me a break!" Shocked Crane: "What?" Bigby: "You treated her like the fucking maid, and now you want a shoulder to cry on. You didn't care then and you don't care now!" Hesitant Crane: "That's not true! Not true at all!"

Again, I don't know what this is supposed to prove. It's dialogue taken from a conversation regarding a completely different incident.

Bigby: "Last chance Dee, who are you working for!" Dee: "Beauty was right about you!" Bigby: Beauty? You're full of shit." Dee: "Oh we're good friends." Crane: "I will not stand for this savagery. You think someone was after Snow! Didn't you think someone wanted to get back at you by killing her!"

Again, what is it that you think this proves?

People have said before that the biggest clue would be the fact that there are Huff&Puff cigarettes.

Possibly, but we know that Crane doesn't like cigarettes. Snow, Episode 1: "Crane doesn't like people smoking in--" If he doesn't like people smoking in the office, why would he be smoking the same cigarettes himself?

Bigby: "Bluebeard was mentioned." Crane: "Don't be absured, Bluebeard is out of the country as we speak, so don't even think of accusing him of such a treacherous affair." Bigby: The guy has a history of beheading young women, I think that is something worth checking out." Crane: "If all you're going off of is ancient history, then we're in much more trouble than I imagined. By that rational you're a suspect as well Wolf."

A mayor not wanting his sheriff to make baseless accusations against the community's most high-profile citizens is hardly compelling evidence of his guilt.

That is what I call a boatload of evidence against Crane.

Really? Because it's what I call a boatload of nothing. I don't see a single piece of direct evidence against Crane in anything you've mentioned.

• You obviously weren't searching for combinations. There is a chain reaction and a big one at that, it's hard to notice I guess.

• Okay. So connect the dots for me then. What am I missing? Because the quotes you posted by themselves don't prove anything.

• Crane is Dee's boss, that can be determined by Crane saying "What did you say!" If Dee doesn't say "some dumb thing" but "something" Crane remains silent. Crane was more scared than irritated "The las thing I need with mayor Cole away is a hysteria". Crane is irritated when you arrest Dee, and beat Dee up. Also Crane blames Snow and later Bigby when talking about the "hysteria". Which leads to Crane denying how he treated Snow. And Crane constantly blames Bigby even going so far as to accuse him. Huff & Puff cigarettes would put the blame on Bigby, unless someone else other than Bigby and Colin. Bigby gets accused by Crane lots of times. Knowledge & denial are Crane's allies.

• Too bad Crane is too much of a coward to mess with Bigby. Remember, this is Ichabod Crane we are talking about. It is completely out of his storybook character to pick a non-political fight with someone as fearsome as the Big Bad Wolf. It just makes zero sense because he wants to limit risk as much as possible. Why would he suddenly decide to start killing prostitutes after 115 years as deputy mayor and leave behind so much evidence?

• Crane was deputy mayor for almost 115 years not more than. Crane wants to limit risk, right? If someone were to give incriminating evidence against Crane, wouldn't Crane want that evidence destroyed to minimize the risk of incrimination?

• That's hardly conclusive. And honestly, I think you're inferring connections where none actually exist. Crane saying, "What did you say!" does not mean that he is Dee's employer. If anything, it seems to me to imply that he's not Dee's boss. Besides, Bigby's conversation with Beauty strongly suggests that Dee's boss is the Crooked Man, not Crane.

And if Crane is acting out of fear of getting caught and not just fear for his job, as you suggest, why would he leave so much evidence lying right out in the open? Why leave the heads outside of the Woodlands where anyone could find them--the very thing that prompted the investigation in the first place? Why leave photographs of himself with Lily at the crime scene? And if he is the killer, he would have known that the second victim was Lily, not Snow White. So why would he continue acting like he thought Snow White was dead all day long? Seems like it would have been an easy way to divert suspicion away from himself if he just found where Snow was and said, "Oh hey guys, that can't be Snow because I saw her, and she's with Toad and TJ."

Also, if we're turning to the comics for clues, I have to agree with Jbeal again. Crane was forced out of office because he was sexually harassing Snow White, which actually fits with what's been shown in the game so far. If he had also been involved in the murder to two prostitutes, I kind of think that would have been mentioned before the sexual harassment. Yes, he was also guilty of treason, but that happened after he left office. After he left Fabletown, he became a spy for the Adversary. It has nothing to do with him spying on Bigby and Beauty.

• not a chance its the ribbons that is cutting of the girls heads

• Whoever says Crane is guilty, is wrong. He did not kill anyone.

• i think it has nothing to do with crane. i think its the ribbon thats the murderer. both girls killed were prostitutes and both wore the ribbion that faith wore just like every other prostitute. narissa says to bigby that she "CAN'T" talk not wont talk and eveyone keeps repeating the phrase "my lips are sealed" georgie even talks about how eveything must be kept secret. i think if you reveal any of the secrets to bigby or anyone else the ribbon cutts off your head. bigby even says when he is examining faith that it could have only been done with somthing " really sharp or with magic attached" this all points to the ribbon. lily must have said somthing to crane and he knowing no one would belive him tried to dispose of the evedence, just my theroy

• Who says its really Crane and not just a Glamour

• Alright here are the possible suspects:

1. Crane: last person to see Lily alive and knew Faith was at Woody's place by spying. Definitely would not act alone.
    2. Dee & Dum: Both are known criminals for hire. If they are the killers they acted on someone's orders.
    3. Georgie Porgie: Could have enchanted the ribbons of his prostitutes to kill them if they mention anything about their job.

Those are the main suspects, and it is very unlikely that there will be more.

• I made a fan fic about Crane's POV of the situation in episode 2 if anyone's interested.... https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10123513/1/I-m-no-murderer

Add Comment