User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Episode 201 Error

posted by LAA on - last edited - Viewed by 476 users

OK, well this is my 1st ever Sam & Max game and guess what...
I CANT PLAY IT!
Whenever I start a new game and after it has finished loading it resets my computer!
On the Error Reporting I think it was called a Blue Screen Error, and it said it happens if a program goes wrong or something like that, I cant remember.
I would try looking more into it, but now my Error reporting has gone faulty saying its a corrupted Error Reporting, so...I dont know how to play it now...
Can someone help me?
Thanks!

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    LAA

Also, just to help you more, my screen does not go blue, it just resets my computer.
    I dont know why its called blue screen error, more like "I'm going to annoy you now by reseting your computer now Hee-Hee Error"

• User Avatar Image
    LAA

Just tried again...
    NEW RECORD!
    I managed to see sam before it reseted! YAY!
    Actually not YAY, I havent even played the game yet...
    The Error Reporting is still busted.
    I NEED HELP PLEASE!

• What are your computer specs? Processor, OS, Memory, Direct X version info? I'm sure Will will probably ask for this anyway :)

• User Avatar Image
    LAA

@Molokov said: What are your computer specs? Processor, OS, Memory, Direct X version info? I'm sure Will will probably ask for this anyway :)

I dot have a CLUE about this.
    This is just my Dad's old computer.
    Is there anyway I can find out?

• Yeah, load up the Start menu and go to Run. Then type dxdiag into the Run window and hit enter.

This should bring up a window that tells you all of the pertinent information about your computer. On the first page, I need to know the "Operating System" and "DirectX Version" from the System Information window. Then go to the "Display" or "Display 1" tab. In the Device window, tell me what it says next to "Name." Finally, go over to the Sound tab, and tell me the Name there too. Thanks!

• User Avatar Image
    LAA

@Will said: Yeah, load up the Start menu and go to Run. Then type dxdiag into the Run window and hit enter.

This should bring up a window that tells you all of the pertinent information about your computer. On the first page, I need to know the "Operating System" and "DirectX Version" from the System Information window. Then go to the "Display" or "Display 1" tab. In the Device window, tell me what it says next to "Name." Finally, go over to the Sound tab, and tell me the Name there too. Thanks!

THANKS A LOT!
    I'VE HEARD A LOT ABOUT THIS GAME AND WANTED TO PLAY IT!

System Tab
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional (5.1, Build 2600)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Tab
    Name: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

Sound Tab
    SB Live! Audio [DC00]

(The SB Live! reminds me of Strong Bad Live! :D)
    Thanks for helping me so much, so far!
    Hope this tells you what you need to know!

• Before we do anything drastic, have you tried redownloading and reinstalling?

Anyway, it looks like your DirectX is up to date, but it might not hurt to give updating a shot: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

The video card is a bit on the old side, but it *should* run the game. Try updating the driver: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

The sound card is a bit harder to update, so give the first two a shot and see if that fixes anything.

• Here's one other thing to try...

- Go to the System Preferences control panel
    - Choose the 'Advanced' tab
    - In the "Startup and Recovery" section, click the "Settings" button
    - Make sure the "Automatically restart" box is UNchecked.
    - Click OK to get out.

Now try running the game again, and this time you should be able to see the actual blue screen. When it happens, you'll see a line that starts like this:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A

Note down the 0x0000000A part (it will probably be a different value than that) and let us know what it is.

Also, if you see a line starting like this:

*** SOMEFILENAME.FOO Address ...

Make a note of the filename that's shown there.

• User Avatar Image
    LAA

@Will said: Before we do anything drastic, have you tried redownloading and reinstalling?

Anyway, it looks like your DirectX is up to date, but it might not hurt to give updating a shot: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

The video card is a bit on the old side, but it *should* run the game. Try updating the driver: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

The sound card is a bit harder to update, so give the first two a shot and see if that fixes anything.

For the 1st sentence, are you talking about the game?
    I'll give the other 2 things a shot now.
    Yours too tabacco.

• User Avatar Image
    LAA

OK, I've reinstalled the DirectX, but Before I downloaded it, it came up with a new beta version, I didnt click on it though.
    Should'nt I?

Add Comment