User Avatar Image

Money Aspect of the game?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Hey

I just wanted to know what you guys think. After ive seen the game trailer and so. I got kinda worried that the money aspect of sam & max will be kinda annoying a repetetive..

I men in the old Sam & Max, there were all these rich and colorfull inviroments where you would get that you needed in som crazy and funny way :P like the things inside the big ball of twine..

But else game looks and sounds good :) cant wait for it.

//René

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I have faith that we'll find ourselves in some quite intersting locations along the way.

• I'm not sure what you mean by the "money aspect"?

Keep in mind that we have not released screenshots of all of the environments in episode 1. We want to keep a few of them as surprises for you guys! Also, episodes 2-6 will have new environments that episode 1 didn't have, so by the end of the season you should have experienced a pretty varied selection of locations. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Just read at gamespot, that quote

"Sam and Max will frequently revisit their home office as a kind of hub area, and they'll need to line their pockets with cash to purchase all of Bosco's expensive (and experimental) weapons. To earn cash, Sam and Max can use a patrol minigame in which they hop into their Freelance Police cruiser and pursue other motorists" unquote

Just wanted to know how much time would be spend on that and how important part of the game that is? I just think it could get really tiresome and repetative always doing that to get cash to progress in the game or maybe im wrong :P

//RMJ

• When I read the Gamespot preview, that sentence stood out to me as sort of misleading. Although you can drive at any time (and it's fun to pull people over and say funny things to them), it's only required at two points during the game, and only once to "line your pockets".

It's definitely not a repetitive chore... it's a puzzle. (A puzzle that Gamespot's preview unfortunately gave away the solution to. :() The preview sort of makes it sound like something you'd do in an RPG to build stats or buy new weapons or armor, and it's nothing like that. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

okay nice to know :) thanks for the info. nice to know =) B-)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I now have a question for you. How often will they be released? I'm waiting for the box set to come out so I need to know how long I have to wait!
    P.S. The game looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!!!

• * Six episodes!
    * One a month!
    * Except we're skipping over most of the month of November!
    * So we'll get episodes in October, December, January, February, March aaanddd...

... that means the last episode is schedule to come out some time in...

drumroll...

APRILish! Mark your calendars, kids!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

ONE A MONTH!!! I actually think that's kinda slow but, i'll wait.

• [quote]ONE A MONTH!!! I actually think that's kinda slow but, i'll wait.[/quote]

It's at least six times faster than any other episodic gaming release has been so far. :))

• [quote][quote]ONE A MONTH!!! I actually think that's kinda slow but, i'll wait.[/quote]

It's at least six times faster than any other episodic gaming release has been so far. :))[/quote]
    And it's definitely faster than those stupid Oblivion downloads. Er... not that I buy those, of course... :-$

But anyway, yay, every month I will hold a festival to celebrate Sam and Max's awesomeness by playing a new episode featuring their zany adventures! [\:D/]

Add Comment