User Avatar Image

Tell us what you think!

posted by Emily on - last edited - Viewed by 337 users

We have posted a survey to get customer feedback on various issues concerning Telltale's games. If you have a minute, please fill it out, so we can be sure to keep giving you what you want. :D

Click here for the survey!

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Mission accomplished.
    Diduz (Italy)

• I thought the most interesting question was 'do you want games monthly 2-3 hours gameplay for $10, or 3-4 monthly 5-6 hours gameplay for $12.99 (paraphrasing slightly).

Personally I think the 3-4 month option suits me best, not only financially but also in that each episode being twice as long gives more scope for storytelling (IMO).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    Personally I think the 3-4 month option suits me best, not only financially but also in that each episode being twice as long gives more scope for storytelling (IMO).[/quote]

I agree, I think that the actual model (which Bone 2 represents) is the way to go. Shorter games would be too narrow in terms of story.
    Diduz (Italy)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I too think that the play time / price ratio question was the most interesting of the questions, and to me the most important one, because that's the exact reason, why I haven't purchased the games yet.

When I remember the days of "Monkey Island", or "Day of the Tentacle"... those games cost me 40 bucks, and I had around 40 hours of pure gaming fun with them. A clear 1/1 ratio.

That ratio would fit perfectly for episodic games... 5 to 6 hours of gaming... $ 5,99... bought! With a new episode getting released every 4 - 6 months this would be the absolute MUST BUY for me.

• Haha yeah that would be great, but how is that going to happen? Six months of production and selling the game for six bucks? Besides which, I don't see how Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle is 40 hours long.

• And is 40 bucks in 1993 worth the same as 40 bucks in 2006?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

With figuring out the puzzles and havon all the dialogues you could easily fill 40 hours with each of those games... but all right, let's go for $10 per episode... am I too cheap here?

It's just, playtime-wise they're still a little too short for the given price...

I really don't want to sound cheap, and of course, it wouldn't hurt me to pay that amount, but that's the actual question in the survey, right?

5 hours of game play (as in "Cow Race") = $ 9,99

That'd be something I could get happy with.

• I just don't think it's possible to make a game the size - and quality - of The Great Cow Race, sell it for $5.99 and be able to stay in business. So yes, in the nicest way possible I would say you're being cheap. $12.99 is perfectly reasonable Bone 2. And Monkey Island just isn't 40 hours, and no I'm not assuming you're using a walkthrough or are replaying the game (obviously). Bone has dialog trees to exhaust as well.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Mh... probably I was just too stupid finishing those games faster ;)

Still, I think $12,99 is OK for having the thing boxed/cased (is there actually a verb to "case"?) and on CD... but for having it as a download-only game $10 seems appropriate to me. (although I guess I'll buy them for $12,99 now that I have to)

Plus: I'm not cheap. :p

Anybody from TellTale here to back me up? I guess not...

EDIT: Now, thinking about it... I really DO come off cheap... and actually I should be supporting TellTale, now that they're developing these games so close to the actual customers (or "fans", to make it sound less marketing-oriented, which is in fact more appropriate). You might wonder if lightning has struck me, and actually, yes. So, I think getting the download-versions of these games is just the right thing to do. I can still do covers for the games myself (OR TellTale could actually offer covers for download :D ).

I'm not cheap.

Add Comment