User Avatar Image

i met steve purcell at comic con 08

posted by 2dsgurl on - last edited - Viewed by 331 users

this is me w steve purcell anyone who knows who sam and max is should know who he is, and if you dont i slap your face and yell at you and this is what i yell hes the creator of sam and max and the awsome guy in the world and my friend for life! He was so nice when i met him and kinda cute too, anywho im a hardcore sam and max fan, i also have a max tatoo on my back. I cant wait to see steve again at comic con 09. lots of love to all you other hardcore sam and max fans!!!!! 571.jpg

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saw him next to the DC booth, we had a discussion about the newer incarnations of Batman before I even knew who he was. I finally found out later who he was when I got my Surfin' on the Highway paperback signed at the Artist Alley (which is where it looks like you are).

• @Zootch said: I saw him next to the DC booth, we had a discussion about the newer incarnations of Batman before I even knew who he was. I finally found out later who he was when I got my Surfin' on the Highway paperback signed at the Artist Alley (which is where it looks like you are).

yep i spent 600.00 worth just on sam and max stuff that day and had steve sign it all. he is so my idle, and i bought his original artwork of the max skull and cross bones and got it tatooed on my back. I sent a pic of it to steve purcell and he liked it. I frickin love him.

• I met him too at Comic-Con (though all my photos didn't come out... *depressed*) at the Shout Factory booth on Friday. He signed my Season 1+2 DVD covers and a postcard (which he also drew the head of my favorite character: Sam!). He's an interesting guy with a good sense of humor and such a sport. I kinda felt sorry for him. So many obsessed fans. I wonder when he gets time to breathe. ^^;

I was impressed that he recognized my costume. Then again, he and Tim Schafer were confreres way back... or at least acquaintances... ^^; I'm not quite sure... I always viewed them as rivals, so I don't want to say anything out-of-line... if not already... ^^;;;

I also met Scott Campbell. Now he is handsome. *gentle laugh*

• You're lucky! One day I hope to go over to America, drink your Kool-Aid, spell my words incorrectly and meet Steve and the Telltale crew, and have them all sign a bunch of my stuff. I envy you guys!

• Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

• @Harley Quinn said: Whats Kool-Aid? Cat piss?

I thought was Mountain Dew? :D

• for all you non american people who dont know what kool aid is here is the best description of it it is a powdered sugery drink mix that comes in several flavors you mix the power w water and sugar and drink. there is a lemonaid flavor chery flavor grape flavor strawberry, kiwi, orange and watermelon are just some of the flavors. it taste good but it is very unheathy.

• And yet, the phrase "drink the kool-aid" is about a cult (in the 80s? can't remember) who mixed some drug/suicide pill/whatever with kool-aid and got their cult members to drink it.

So "drinking the kool-aid" means believing any sort of crap you're told (no matter how ridiculous it sounds) just like a good cult member.

Add Comment