Menu
User Avatar Image

Season 2 DVD on backorder?

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 343 users

So, I ordered my Season 2 DVD in the beginning of August (somewhere around there). The page for the DVD says it is expected to be released in August. My order says that it is back ordered. So, did it just not come out yet?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

Did you have anything else in your order besides the DVD? (eg the Soundtrack, or Case File)

• @Jake said: Did you have anything else in your order besides the DVD? (eg the Soundtrack, or Case File)

Surfin the Highway.

Here's what my order says on the "My Games" page:

Order #(Number) | Placed August 4, 2008
    Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway (Paperback)
    Sam & Max Season Two Upgrade + Collector's DVD

One or more items are backordered. Your order will ship when all items are in stock.

• Were all of the DVDs already ordered by August 4th? Please help.

• It seems most likely to me that the softcover of Surfin' the Highway is on backorder.

• @Rather Dashing said: It seems most likely to me that the softcover of Surfin' the Highway is on backorder.

I just tried putting one into the shopping cart in the store. It didn't say anything about backorder.

• They don't tell you in the cart, or at least I don't think they do. They inform you after you make the order, normally. Through an e-mail like the one you got.

• @Rather Dashing said: They don't tell you in the cart, or at least I don't think they do. They inform you after you make the order, normally. Through an e-mail like the one you got.

I checked the order conformation email. It doesn't say anything about being on backorder. :confused:

• Our warehouse is still working their way through the high volume of orders that were placed when the DVD was added to the store in July. They haven't gotten to the orders from August 4 yet. As such, we're considering the DVD to be a special case -- it's not "in stock" yet, but still considered to be on preorder / backorder until all of the initial orders have been fulfilled.

We do tell you in the cart when an item is backordered, and it says on the store pages where the disc can be ordered that it's in preorder status with an expected ship date of sometime in August. Don't worry, your order will ship when they get to it in the line! :)

• @Emily said: Our warehouse is still working their way through the high volume of orders that were placed when the DVD was added to the store in July. They haven't gotten to the orders from August 4 yet. As such, we're considering the DVD to be a special case -- it's not "in stock" yet, but still considered to be on preorder / backorder until all of the initial orders have been fulfilled.

We do tell you in the cart when an item is backordered, and it says on the store pages where the disc can be ordered that it's in preorder status with an expected ship date of sometime in August. Don't worry, your order will ship when they get to it in the line! :)

Alright. Thanks much. :D

• So, my order was submitted to the warehouse about 4 (or 3) days ago. I've had the message "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info." for those 3 or 4 days. Should it have shipped by now?

Sorry about being like this. I just really can't wait. xD

Add Comment