User Avatar Image

Thoughts on Episode 2

posted by Kirbinator93PC on - Viewed by 449 users

I couldn't play this episode for 2 weeks and I finally got done with it last night, so I apologize for making a whole thread about my opinion but since I haven't posted in 2 weeks I thought it could be justified. ** OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN ** Anyways,

The episode moved just a little too slow for my liking. Especially because it felt at least like a relatively short episode. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the episode, but I would say out of the seven this one ranks near to the bottom.

I really enjoyed seeing Kenny back. I did. For those who know I thought and still think the only realistic option was Lilly but alas I am fine with Kenny. I was glad to see him back. Telltale didn't do a great job of explaining when I asked him about it and he replied "i got lucky" but like I said overall i like having Kenny back for now.

SPOILER * I had to replay a part because Carver killed Alvin and I feel as though I could have played where he wouldn't, so I replayed and decided to come out from the beginning and now Alvin is alive. I like Alvin, BUT I must say if this is any indication Alvin will die next episode. Overall, Episode 2 really had no "surprises" in it : 80 % of the forum knew Kenny was likely to return, we all knew Pete was a goner, and a lot of us expected Rebecca has Carvers baby.

I am not complaining about the episode because I liked playing it, however like I said above I knew everything that was coming unfortunately so it did for me at least take the "wow" factor out of the game. For example, I knew it was Carver at the door because of the trailer so I wasn't shocked. Looking ahead the next trailer really didn't show much so hopefully I will be shocked next time.

I did like the part with Bonnie, because it tied the camp back to it all. Especially because in 400 days it is really easy to get Bonnie to go.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing but I thought there could have been more shock value. I like having Kenny back and it will be fun to see how things go with him. Another thing I really liked about this episode was that the choices seemed like they did matter. If you chose to go outside there is a high chance you lose Alvin. Anyways out of a ten Ill give it a 6. Thought it will set up well for next episode.

10 Comments
  • 6 out of 10 is a bit harsh "score" don't you think? And just because you ruined the episode by looking at spoilers,trailers doesn't mean it had no surprises in it

• Sorry but complete opposite opinion. I thought this one was my favourite episode ever. It was about the right length with tough choices.

Also why rewind? If you got Alvin killed why not live with it?

• Its stupid that Alvin died and then you replayed that part to save him. You should have left it like that and live with your choice, its stupid when you replay and make everything different.

• whoa whoa whoa whoa. Usually I don't care about choices but at the same time I have 2 months in-between episodes I would have replayed it anyways. I like having the more people in my group just because it makes a more enjoyable experience.

• I do replays too but I always first play the real play through with all choices I would make and then I play on other save files to see different outcomes. Replaying over original one and changing the choice you made just because you did wrong takes away from the whole tough choices experience. In my original play through Alvin and Nick are both alive.

Add Comment