Menu
User Avatar Image

Login Error - Wolf Among Us

posted by whyleekiyotee on - Viewed by 1.4K users

I purchased and downloaded the game; however, when I try to open it I keep getting a message that reads, "Login Error, Can't Communicate with Telltale Servers."

13 Comments
  • I have the same problem. I have tried deleting the Telltale launcher registry key and logging in again, yet it still gives me the same error as mentioned above. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I have the same problem. Have I solve this week.

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address.

If you have played The Walking Dead and are now trying to play The Wolf Among Us, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Wolf Among Us.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Please then try launching The Wolf Among Us again.

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

If the registry delete was unsuccessful in allowing you to connect to our servers, please take a screenshot of your registry and attach it to an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and we will be able to assist you further. To find your registry, click on Start at the lower left of your screen, in the search field type "regedit" and press enter. On the left-hand pane of the registry select the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, now select the arrow next to Software, and then select the arrow next to Telltale Games. Click once on the Launcher folder and on the right hand pane you should now see a couple entries, one will be titled 'login' the other will be titled 'pwd.' Please take a screenshot of this screen and attach it to your email as a .jpg or .png. We will look to verify the information to make sure your registry is correct. My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you.

• I have the same problem and I've tried everything you wrote. Hopefully it won't take too long until the staff answers me because I want to be able to play it soon.

Add Comment