User Avatar Image

Movies

posted by the_napoleon on - last edited - Viewed by 251 users

If you look around, movies are everywhere, my avatar is from a movie, some internet memes owe their birth to certain movies, your cousin in Arizona still has a movie poster for "eight legged freaks" on the wall of his room, movies are everywhere. So discuss movies here. To kick this off, I went and saw "Journey to The Center of The Earth". The movie was okay, but the best part was that they gave you these awesome Steve Urkel-like 3-D glasses.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @the_napoleon said: If you look around, movies are everywhere, my avatar is from a movie, some internet memes owe their birth to certain movies, your cousin in Arizona still has a movie poster for "eight legged freaks" on the wall of his room, movies are everywhere. So discuss movies here. To kick this off, I went and saw "Journey to The Center of The Earth". The movie was okay, but the best part was that they gave you these awesome Steve Urkel-like 3-D glasses.

NEVER MENTION THAT ABOMINATION.*Grits teeth*Damn jackass directors not even reading the f-ing book....

• And has anyone seen clone wars?GOD AWFUL.Okay, I'm now off the topic of bad movies.Anyone seen "Reptillicus?"

• NEVER MENTION THAT ABOMINATION.*Grits teeth*Damn jackass directors not even reading the f-ing book....

I read the book.I know the movie had almost nothing to do with it, but for me it was stupid fun.Just like Quake III.

• Last film I saw at the cinema was Wall•E, which was pretty good.

Last film I watched on Youtube was Ratatoing (a blatant Ratatouille ripoff). It was terrible, but it gave me and a mate something to mock for the hour it lasted.

• @someguyfromazoo said: NEVER MENTION THAT ABOMINATION.*Grits teeth*Damn jackass directors not even reading the f-ing book....

I never read the book so I would not know that:confused:. Sorry.

• And that is why you read the book before you watch the movie.I know book based movies usually don't EXACTLY follow the plot, but just the POSTER WAS RIDICULOUS.

• The last movie I watched was Metal Gear Solid 4.
    No, just kidding (I don't even own a PS3). Actually, it was The Dark Knight. Pretty good film- Heath Ledger was amazing, of course, but I actually really liked the way the Joker was re-imagined for it. Much more psychotic, yet slightly toned down- still a sociopathic trickster, but with a darker, more sophisticated sense of humor.

• I've been watching a lot of independent horror lately, mostly films distributed by Troma. Unfortunately, for every good movie I come across, I end up sitting through five or six unwatchable piles of whatsit. But I guess that's the fun of digging through Z-grade flicks.

I'm starting to get a bit Troma'd out, though, so I've more recently been rewatching Kevin Smith's stuff (Side note: I had never seen Chasing Amy before. That movie is top friggin' notch. :D), and I'm looking to get into Alejandro Jodorowsky's films.

• Saw Hellboy 2 on Saturday. Yes, it's FINALLY been released in Australia.

Next week, we're seeing Wall-E, which once again, has FINALLY reached our shores after a several month delay.

Don't ask me why... we got The Dark Knight the day before the US did, but some films (even big releases like Wall-E) get delayed for no apparent reason.

Add Comment