User Avatar Image

Arrogant snow

posted by brucewayne on - Viewed by 9.1K users

snow has transformed into arrongant and bitchy woman at first i liked her a lot and used to admire her .... .... i really want to play the game as bigby but now i am playing as snow's assistant or taking nice decisions to please her :-(

289 Comments
  • Yeah but snow always did have that streak in her, in the comics she has that darker arrogant/ controlling nature. It's just Bigby ignores her and slowly changes her into the character that we all like. Don't forget that this is set before the comics so Bigby hasn't influenced her as much yet.

• Why? She wasn't bitchy, she was assertive. Seriously, she was raped by seven dwarves and now crane has fantasies of her with prostitutes. That is a real traumatic experience. She has right to be mad at crane and make decisions and be impatient. This guy is a complete creep. In my opinion she was already a great character in the comics, and now she's even better. That episode made me love her much more.

May I remind you, it's YOUR choice. You don't NEED to make nice decisions for Snow. Nothing happens until later in the comics anyway so you aren't going to get with her or anything.

You're the sheriff, you aren't Snow's assistant. That's simply your opinion that you are.

I don't thinks he arrogant at all, she has confidence sure but I don't think she's arrogant.

PS: If Snow was a man, no one would be complaining about 'his' attitude lol.

• I think there is something in what u say , she has became a little more bossy , which i didn't 100% liked .
    She doesn't agree with your decisions , like for example she orders you to burn the tree and if don't do that or hire the witch she gets mad , then in the final chapter she says that you have to listen to her orders since she is your " new boss" .

• Snow was subservient to Crane in episode one and she decided then that she wasn't going to be his errand girl anymore. Bigby supports her in this, that's why she feels comfortable to throw her weight around a little with him. Also, she has has a lot to deal with, the murders and Crane's obsession with her, reminding her of some terrible times in her past. Give her a break.

• Nah, I don't see how shes been bitchy. In most instances she simply wants to avoid conflict and help her fellow fables. She insists we burn the tree because it's personal for her, this is the witch that made it possible for Crane to live out his sick and twisted fantasies. Sure that makes her a little biased, but wouldn't you be? I still didn't do it, but I certainly understood why she felt so strongly. I didn't mind her reminding us she's the boss in the end, because if someone doesn't keep me (thus Bigby) in check to a certain degree, theres nothing to stop me from becoming an all-out loose cannon. That would NOT be good for Fabletown.

As people have pointed out, you don't have to mold your decisions around what she wants. Equally as important, she doesn't have to do what you want, either.

• it was a shock to see snow act this way, i haven't read the comics though so am pretty much going in twau blind.

but i kind of understood she wasn't getting anywhere with greenleaf and she couldn't ask bigby to wolf out on her ass. so yeah lets threaten her income that'll get results :S

• I've never really seen Snow as bitchy or arrogant I'll admit she does become aggressive at times but she has her reasons ( her past).

The arguments I've heard about her being arrogant always tend to ignore the positives she's shown during the game for example how gently she dealt with toad junior she even shows genuine concern especially if you don't go to toads first and she mentions being worried about the bruises on the kids arm. Another example the cab ride over to the bar where she's chatting to Bigby opening her self up to him about being frustrated with the way things are run and showing affection to him by asking him to be careful.

Yes those are in episode 1 but there are examples in the next episode as well like Holly finding out her sister was dead and Snow letting Holly vent at her saying it should of been snow that died plus she did every thing she could to help make it easier for Holly by personally taking her down to the woodlands to get and body and in episode 3 even gave an eulogy which to me showed she genuinely cares about the fable community.

Having played the game as both a Nice Bigby as well as kind of a jerk I honestly felt most of the time she was respectful to Bigby yeah there was that line about I'm not yours top lose but she did apologize after that which again people fail to acknowledge plus she was up all night helping with the investigation by bringing Toad and his son in which made it easier for Bigby and she was bound to be tired and well angry after finding out some one was glamored to be like her.

As for the Aunty Greenleaf situation she had only found out the crane was stealing funds to hire a prostitute to play out his sex fantasies of Snow which would of brought up a lot of horrible memories about how the dwarfs abused her so her actions with Aunty greenleaf are understandable since in a way she helped Crane with those fantasies.

• I completely agree with you. I didn't feel like she was being bitchy or arrogant at all. She was just trying to do her job. The only moment I got iffy with her was with the tree situation since I clearly felt she was overreacting a bit too much, but I also thought her reaction was a natural one to have given what has happened. I mean, two people have died and it's due to glamours and now we find out that this lady is doing the glamours and illegally? Snow had every right to demand for that tree to be burned. I may have not felt it was the right choice but I could definitely understand her reasoning behind it.

I just felt that she was acting how any human being would act given the circumstances. No need to call her bitchy or arrogant because of it.

• Of course she isn't all bad. I've been saying all along that she's usually very kind and compassionate, especially with TJ and Holly. I really love that side of her. It makes me hope that she can change Bigby from the Big Bad Wolf into a kinder, more thoughtful character than he was in all those fairy tales. But it almost seems that Bigby (as played by me) is more moral character in some instances. I didn't burn Greenleafs' tree, and I also didn't kill Dum, and I always took the more diplomatic route while interrogating people. Of course, sometimes it's virtually unavoidable to not get pissed and fuck someone up (while interrogating Tweedle Dee in the 2nd episode I punched him around a bit, but only because I thought Snow was dead, and he seemed to have something to do with it). I know Snow's going through a lot with Crane and his infatuation with her, and I completely understand how affecting that is, but it's no excuse to ruin some woman's life. Snow's handled everything else pretty well so far, so kudos to her for that, but she faltered with Greenleaf and let her emotions cloud her judgement. That's disappointing to me, because I've really grown to love her character, and I want her to be awesome.

Also, on another note, isn't it amazing how nuanced and three-dimensional Snows' character is? And every other Telltale character for that matter. That a video game can make people this interested and pensive (so much so that they're on an online forum pondering the story and characters endlessly) is truly masterful. Telltale lives up the it's name, and beyond. I've truly never seen such emotional depth in a video game. You know Telltale has succeeded when the people who play their games can't stop thinking about it, and wondering "what would have happened if I had made this other choice?" and ruminating on the characters many motives and attributes. In The Walking Dead game, in episode 3, I literally cried. Lee and Carlys' blooming relationship cut short by a paranoid woman with emotional struggles was not only the most devastating event I've ever seen in a video game, but also caused some of the most realistic character development in Lee that I've ever seen in any fiction, video game or not. And then, of course, Ducks' death was almost to much to bear. I love Telltale, but sometimes I hate them too, if you know what I mean. They make you care deeply about their characters, and then tear them away from you just as your emotional bond is solidified. I know Carly and Duck were just bits of code interpreted by a computer, but that doesn't change the emotive impact they exert on you, the player. God, I love Telltale Games.

• Also, I don't understand that out of bitchyness and arrogance we're more concerned about Snow. What about Bluebeard? Frog? Gren? Crane? Georgie? Holly? (though with her it's more understandable).

Haven't they all been way more bitchy and arrogant compared to Snow?

• snow is actually on our side and bigby trusts her the most .. rest all are killer suspects in his perspective

• It's different. Those characters don't see the on screen time that Snow does. Plus they weren't bossing Wolf around. They are just bullshitting and you know this!!!

Seriously though, Toad's assholeness in ep 1 was crazy. I wanted to beat his ass. I just was cool. Georgie was an asshole as well. Kept me cool for the most part. Holly and Been, yeah they could have been nicer, but if he does not try to cultivate relationships, I could see why they acted that way. If Snow wanted that tree burnt then she could've done it herself. She wants to help poor fables and I get AG did something that is frowned upon (& is equivalent to identity theft), so when she had a chance to use someone's skills for the benefit of Fabletown, she is not as helpful. She's emotional, should not be an excuse but understandable.

• While I may have favored how the first episode's interaction was more about Snow and Bigby's partnership than it was an argument over their authority, I wouldn't condemn Snow's character. The situation's becoming more dire, and the characters are reflecting that.

• I already this'd two comments. Scroll up, up, and away!

Add Comment