User Avatar Image

Is Carver actually a BAD guy ?

posted by Kirbinator93PC on - Viewed by 3.3K users

Carver is painted as the antagonist and no doubt I think Telltale will continue with that storyline but I would also love to see them throw in a monkey wrench - give Carver some positive attributes. I know he killed seemingly innocent members of your group but you do have to remember:

• we know very little as to WHY he left the group
  • he is chasing Rebecca who has her kid. That is a pretty powerful force.
  • he seems like he has a commitment to his group/ community which are pretty positive characteristics

In another thread, the question is posed : "Would you kill Carver?"

The obvious answer is "yes" as of right now because he hasn't done anything beneficial yet. I think Telltale is going to at least give Carver some "courageous" act to portray him in a different light. Just food for thought. Like I said I think Carver will be a absolute (insert curse word here) for most of the episode and than in the end maybe reveal something that would paint him in a more positive light.

101 Comments
  • In this world, kill people is "normal", the difference between bad and good is to kill someone even if he isn't a threat, like Carver did with Walter

• Yes but as have been mentioned. Kenny shot first AND killed first. I am not blaming Kenny but you can't say that Carver killing Walter was completely unwarranted.

• well gee, let's see: the carver and his team show up at the lodge, holding these people at GUN POINT and threatening them. they Have them kneel down in execution position and threaten to hurt them and you question Kenny's actions and state that it is "understandable" why the Carver would then shoot a man in cold blood? the Carver started this, Kenny defended his group and the Carver merely finished what he had started. The guy's a sociopath and murderer and Kenny didnt make him do anything.

• Yup, Im agreeing with this post so hard. Take my like sir.

• Hmm... Uh... He didn't shoot Walt in cold blood. Kenny shot Johnny. Carver shot Walt. It's simply "an eye for an eye."

He's not a sociopath. He's getting his family back. A sociopath knows what they do is wrong, but they don't care. Carver thinks getting his family back is enough justification for his actions. And in a way, it is. Imagine how Carver felt when one of his friends gets a bullet directly between the eyes.

• You dont think dragging a man in front of everyone and emptying a bullet in his head and then going on with business as usual is not murder in cold blood? Th man is a blood hungry, calculating and violent sociopath and murderer. And I dont think the Carver gave a rat's ass about the guy Kenny shot. A man who murders people in cold blood, breaks one of his comrade's fingers - one by ne - to make a point and is a selfish. murderous sociopath doesnt give a shit about anyone else. Even his alleged "love" for his child is probably more about his ego and thirst for control and power than about truly caring for his child. He's fucked up and dangerous.

• I don't. The reason that he didn't find it shocking when Johnny died was because he knew not everyone was accounted for, and that things like this would happen. He wasn't broken up, because as the apocalypse goes on, you begin to take death in stride. It happens so much. It doesn't reduce the sadness people feel because of it, it only increases suppression, and ability to work under said sadness. He broke Carlos' fingers, because in his eyes, Carlos is a bad man, and he was doing it to flush out his wife and child. He's shown care towards Rebecca, in the one conversation they had. You can't say anything about his love for his child. Even bad men love their children. Maybe especially bad men. Because a baby is the one thing that a bad man can turn to and say, "This thing is fantastic. Look at my accomplishment." He's dangerous alright, but the preview for episode three makes me think he isn't as fucked up as we've been shown, even if, in the end of the day, he is the villain, he doesn't seem all that bad, when compared to people like the bandits, or the St. Johns, or the Stranger, or Vernon. He seems like he's simply the opposite side.

• you are making excuses for murderers and sociopaths. that's ridiculous. Next think you tell me the Governor was merely misunderstood..

• I love how you ignore my well thought out and put together argument. It's not. The Governor is a psychopath who had 0 reason to do the things he did. Carver has a reason, and a valid one.Would you rather break a dude's fingers, or walk around corners and risk your life to a scared fat man who might have a gun? Breaking fingers clearly wins.

• Pushing someone off a building is different than leading them up there. Carver didn't just find them and kill everybody but Rebecca . . . he tortured Carlos sure but I truly don't think he was going to kill him.

• Alt text

Not sure yet fun to see in the upcoming in the episodes to see his motives for his actions haven't played episode 2 yet tbh(vita)

• no, he is a good guy. Good guys are in the habit of grabbing an innocent person they dont know, casually emptying a bullet in their heads and smiling.

• No, he's a perfectly good guy who collects flowers from a beautiful meadow under a scintillating rainbow amidst multi-coloured butterflies.

• Wow, some of y'all are some forgiving motherfuckers. There is absolutely, literally nothing Carver could do at this point to paint him in a good light. he has already crossed the divide into "evil" and there's no coming back. I don't care if he saved a whole bus load of children and kittens. He's still evil.

• He killed Walter, could've killed Alvin, puts a gun to Clementine's head, breaks Carlos' fingers in front of his child, it's implied that he tortures Alvin in the preview for the next episode, and he gets in a fight with Kenny.

I think it's safe to say that he isn't a very good guy.

• I doniknow what the current group has done, but I would not consider him a good guy. Honestly other than Clem & Sarah, (maybe Luke) no one is a good guy really. At this point of the ZA, everyone lives in Greg. Good/bad does not matter. What we know is group left camp (possibly with his unborn child), he looks for them, he holds them hostage until Rebecca shows herself, his man gets kills, eye for an eye he kills someone, he gets shot at again, he kills other dude, leads them to his camp. Not saying he's a good guy, but it can't be that simple. As we learned from the 400 days dlc, once a community is created, moving in and out can cause issues.

• Carver reminds me of David from the last of us...

• No idea, I'd say yeah, he's a bad guy, well at least now he's a bad guy. I guess that world changed him.

• I hope he is, he looks like he'll be one brilliant antagonist.

Add Comment