18 Comments
  • IIRC, the first time the ground shook was when the Bigby was about to open Aunty Greenleaf's glamour tube and second was when Snow wanted to burn her tree. If the rumbling was caused by the tree and meant that it was disapproving of the action that was about to take place, then would mean that it didn't want Bigby to open the glamour tube. Which seems strange if it was trying to enact Faith's will.

The way I saw it, the rumbling seemed to occur every time Aunty Greenleaf strongly disapproved of something. Which would imply that the rumbling is either caused by Aunty Greenleaf or that whatever's causing it is looking out for her interests.
  • User Avatar Image
    CornPopper BANNED
    I think the ground rumbling was just Aunty Greenleaf getting all pissy. But you should look up Hans who made the princess laugh, I don't think he's the killer but he defiantly has something to do with it.
  • I don't think the rumbling was caused by the Tree. If you choose to burn it, it doesn't make the ground rumble or do anything to protest.

It being the Myrtle Tree is still entirely possible though. The fairy tale matches up very well with what is going on. Could be on to something here.
  • Okay, I did a little more research and stumbled across another potential candidate for Aunty Greenleaf's tree: the bay laurel. Google image search turns up pictures that are good matches for Aunty Greenleaf's tree and, like the myrtle tree, it's also native to the Mediterranean region, so it can be said to be "from The Old World" (Africa, Europe, and Asia).

The laurel tree is depicted in a Greek myth involving the god Apollo being struck with love for the nymphe Daphne who hated him. To escape Apollo's grasp, Daphne asked to be transformed from a beautiful maiden into a laurel tree. Apollo, still in love with her, then used his powers to ensure that she would stay forever green and thus would be forever held as a symbol of prosperity and everlasting life. Not sure if a Greek myth counts as a fable, but there are certainly similarities between this myth and the circumstances in the game.

If the tree is in fact the bay laurel, then another interesting thing to note is the similarity between the name of the tree and the name of the voice actress who played Aunty Greenleaf and Rachel. Bay Laurel and Laura Bailey. The name "Laura" also means "bay laurel." This might just be an odd coincidence, but it could have been an intentional stealth pun or something by the devs.
  • The headless horseyman is hiding in the pipes, eerie rattling laughter MUHAHAHA, his head was buried under the tree (sleepy hallow).

But You have no idea about the powerful forces of magic being used here. Earthquake. PsSTTTTTTT okay so I'll just burn your tree then, isn't that right Snow White. Yes please Bibgy, I don't want my ass cloned anymore, BURNNNNNN the Tree. "Aunty Greenleaf" NOOO you are so cruel, I am ruined whaaaa, I have nothing left, nothing at all, whaaaa. "Bigby nonsense your pipes are fixed.
    • User Avatar Image
      CornPopper420 BANNED
      WHAT?!? Are you high? cause I am and I still can't understand what the fuck you just wrote.
      • Is it that hard to laugh? let me break the joke down for you in really easy steps.

The topic is the myrtle tree and the eerie noise, (laughter) in the pipes.

1) Heads are being decapitated, the horseyman's trait. In the film the Sleepy Hollow the horseyman was buried under the tree. This in a joke, are the demonically powerful forces of magic referenced by Auntie Greenleaf from the rattling pipe noises (earthquake)
        2) Whores are cloning Snow White so in obvious funny assumption she doesn't want her ass cloned. Hence her anger towards the tree
        3) Auntie Greenleaf cries at her loss when the tree was burned
        4) Bigby has done some successful plumbing once burning up the tree

I shouldn't really have to spell that joke out
  • Guys I just noticed the flowers on the intro screen. They are the Myrtle trees!
  • I really like the idea of the Myrtle tree for being her tree. I don't think it's Faith though, I'm not sure what she has to do with Aunty Greenleaf. But I think a more reasonable thing would be Rachel buried under the tree. Greenleaf would really not want the tree burned if it meant a rebirth of some kind for her daughter like the fairy got right? Just my idea.

• Definitely a good theory, nice find !

Add Comment